need help - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 03:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Peewee is on a distinguished road
need help

I searched everywhere, but can't find help. I have a 1996 328I and it has antifreeze getting inside my block and it has atleast 2 plugs not firing. Is there any other suggestions as to what may be causing this. I took it to the dealer and they want to charge me 1000 dollars just to see what's worng. If there is anyone selling a block for this car or can help please do thank you all.
Peewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2010, 11:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ich bin der Modifikator

Car: 97'E36 2.8 w/Optional Sport Package
Photos:
johnnyBgood is a jewel in the roughjohnnyBgood is a jewel in the roughjohnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peewee View Post
I searched everywhere, but can't find help. I have a 1996 328I and it has antifreeze getting inside my block and it has atleast 2 plugs not firing. Is there any other suggestions as to what may be causing this. I took it to the dealer and they want to charge me 1000 dollars just to see what's worng. If there is anyone selling a block for this car or can help please do thank you all.
This sounds like either a cracked head, warped head or blown head gasket.

jb
johnnyBgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
42, The meaning of life

Car: 2000 740iL Individual
Photos:
brettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nicebrettski is just really nice
Be careful about this issue, if you get enough coolant into a cylinder it will do more damage. I am with JB, warped or cracked head, or gasket.
Check around you local wreckers and see what they have, or check Ebay. Good luck
brettski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)