Need Advice On Mods - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 10:16 PM
5th Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rooz is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
OK, as most of you know I got a decent amount of ponies coming my way by the end of this week.

Now I am getting ~$1000 soon from an insurance settlement.

I have the option of either doing a drop:

H&R OE Sport springs with Koni Adjustables, M3 Control Arm Bushings and the "Suspension install package"

OR

Since am getting more air IN the engine more air would need to go OUT, therefore there will be some added backpressure....

I have been doing a crap load of reading here and there and getting as many sound clips are possible, and I am leaning towards the AA E36 Generation 3 High Flow Exhaust.

This is what am wanting MY exhaust to sound like:

Nice "rumble" at idle, moderately loud at low RPMS, and head turning sound at WOT. AND MOST IMPORTANT = NOT RICEY SOUNDING! What I enjoy doing is playing with my exhaust "tapping" the gas just to get that low rpms rumble...

from what I have read the AA Gen 3 would be a good match for my needs.

So what do you guys think?

Suspension or Exhaust? (IF exhaust, do you agree with my decision?) I mainly need some advice on the choice of the exhaust bcs BMW's choice for aftermarket exhaust isn't the same as it was for my mustang, you can't just get 2 flowmasters and throw them on there bcs the choice is much wider and the risk of a crappy sounding exhaust is possible. And I too like most guys of my age do tend to come home very late at nights so that is why I don't want it TOO loud at low rpm's...

And on a side note, If I do one first, the other mod will come next asap (meaning as soon as I save up for it)....

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS
I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking shit and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 01:29 PM
5th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Well, since the AA Gen3 is not really loud at WOT, forget it....

So I have limited my choice to the following 3:

1) Eisenmann Racing Performance Exhaust
2) UUC System U v.2
3) Racing Dynamics Cat back

How do you guys feel about those 3?

So far am leaning towards the Eisenmann Racing Perf. one, so unless you guys can talk me into another exhaust, that's probably the one I'll get

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

Quote:
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking shit and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
#3 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 02:01 PM
1st Gear Member

zeidakiss is an unknown quantity at this point
well do u have a link where i can get some more information about these exausts.
#4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 09:27 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't recommend teh H&R OE Sport suspension if that is the H&R sping that only lower .75 inches. I would preffer stock springs to those. But with different springs or in the case that I am mistaking about those springs then I say suspension all the way. You will not get the same enjoyment out of the exhaust that you will out of a good suspension upgrade. Just my .02
#5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 01:28 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
I swear I made a long ass post for this thread a few days ago. God damnti I guess I forgot to hit submit.

Anyways you need to find friends with BMW's. First hand experience is somethign youll never be able to experience on these boards.

The eisenmann is greta. I have a buddy with it on his e46 M3 and it sounds sick. It doesnt drone, and has a killer decleration sound. The AA Tuning one is LOUD. I have a friend who has that on his 328i and the supersprint on his 328iS. The AA triumphs the SS in noise, but the AA tends to drone a bit. The supersprint will give you the BEST performance gain out of the bunch, plus it is one of the lighter ones.

The guy with the AA tunign one already ordered the UUC TSE (i dont believe it is manufactured anymore) for his 328i to replace the AA Tuning. He, for some reaosn, always hated AA. The exhaust he loves, but he has some principles he stands by, and throwing money away seems to be one of them.

Racing dynamics one is pretty heavy I believe (if I remember correctly) btu it also gives good performance gains. If you want performance with a good sound note, go with Supersprint. For just the sound, go eisenmann.

None of them sound, Ricey, so don't worry about that.

And personally, I would prefer suspension upgrades over an exhaust upgrade. My s13 has both and im a bit ashamed I did the exhaust first. The e34 had suspension and I loved every drive. A suspension upgrade is FAR mroe rewarding, by handling and looks, than an exhaust.

Fuck, im still pissed about my last post. i cant believe I forgot to press Add Reply!

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 06:27 PM
5th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
What's Drone? I keep on reading about it, but not sure exactly what it is, I might know it under a diff. name

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

Quote:
#7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 08:09 PM
my car is red

94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 94BMW325i Send a message via Yahoo to 94BMW325i
I think it's when your driving on the highway or something when cruising and it's all loud, kinda like having wind noise I believe.

Also I just looked at racing dynamics and there is some company out there selling fake ones or something, check out their site it has a disclaimer on the front page before you enter site.

member and partial creator of pimpin the auto club
#8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 09:07 PM
5th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Oh, ok,

And ///MPower,

Between Eisenmann and AA Gen 3, which one do you think (since you have personally heard both of those on a 328)

matches the most what I wnat my exhaust to sound like:

Nice "rumble" at idle, moderately loud at low RPMS, and head turning sound at WOT. AND MOST IMPORTANT = NOT RICEY SOUNDING! What I enjoy doing is playing with my exhaust "tapping" the gas just to get that low rpms rumble...

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

Quote:
#9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 09:19 PM
my car is red

94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 94BMW325i Send a message via Yahoo to 94BMW325i
I think that description would also fit a stromung as well as a gen 3.

member and partial creator of pimpin the auto club
#10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 09:31 PM
5th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
See, I LOVE the way the Eisenman sounds on a M3, but then I found this...
I found this vid that I guess was made with the Eisenmann exhaust on a EURO 328...

http://www.eisenmann-technik.de/auspuffanl...ovs_rbrk_33.php

I haven't really heard the AA Gen3 AFTER it's been broken in....

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

Quote:
#11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 03:01 PM
5th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Well, am going to go with the Eisenmann Racing Perf. Exhaust on 2*83 tips

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

Quote:
#12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 05:01 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
I would recomend the Eisenmann actually. I used to have some vid clips of it on my buddies e46 M. It sounded pretty sick. The AA droning sound just really gets me. I cant stand not being able to talk to my buddy at 75 mph cruising. It's just too loud! I love the sound for accelrating adn decelerating.

I still think suspension modification would be much better for you.

And remember, Supersprint would be the best for performance.

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#13 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 07:57 PM
5th Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Supersprint is just too quiet for me....

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)