BMW Werkz banner

Need Advice On Control Arm Replacement

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  tomctx 
#1 ·
I'm going to replace the control arms and ball joints on my 328. My question is: are the ball joints themselves on the M3 control arm a better quality than the standard 3 series ball joint? Is it worth upgrading to the M3 control arm - or would I get a better bang for my buck by just replacing with the standard 3 series control arm, and then upgrading to the M3 control arm bushings. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Originally posted by RC-Atlanta@Mar 2 2005, 06:19 PM
I'm going to replace the control arms and ball joints on my 328. My question is: are the ball joints themselves on the M3 control arm a better quality than the standard 3 series ball joint? Is it worth upgrading to the M3 control arm - or would I get a better bang for my buck by just replacing with the standard 3 series control arm, and then upgrading to the M3 control arm bushings. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
[snapback]302677[/snapback]​
As I understand it, the M3 arms are aluminum, saving weight. Otherwise the same as the 325's. For my money, standard control arms with M3 bushing if you want a little more control. I believe the ball joints are the same, however, someone else on the forum might know better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.