BMW Werkz banner

My Sunroof.....

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  WarNox 
#1 ·
I just bought my 325is and the sunroof only works a little bit......

first off, when i first got it, the sunroof didnt work at all...turned out the switch was just disconnected

now..... the sunroof will do the vent (where the back goes up) but that is all. the motor just gives up. i was going to buy a motor off ebay but dont have the money right now. would the motor in a 98-99 3-series be the same one? cuz there is a 98 and a 99 in the salvage yard by me but they said that it wont be the same. the dealer i went to got a price of $95 (used) but i should be able to get one off of ebay for 30 or less.

so i guess my question is.... will getting a new motor help at all?

o and btw...i cant open the sunroof manually with the current motor the @$$hole before me must have done something and the screw is completely rounded so i cant do much there

#3 ·
also need help, my sunroof goes back about 3 inches, and stops =\

#5 ·
im pretty sure the sun roof isnt ment to go all the way back when the top lifts, the inside cover only goes back about half way unlike when you open the sun roof fully then it does go all the way back! im not 100% sure but my car does that and from wht i've heard so does a lot of other ppl's!

can some1 prove me wrong? i dnt mind if u do!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.