my problem part 2 .. begging for help - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2004, 07:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
p3rsian is an unknown quantity at this point
hey whats up
ok so my situation was that i went overseas for 2 months and now that i came back my car feels like a 20hp car.
i changed the sparks , oil , fuel filter but nothing happened.
here is what i did today .. when the car was on i took off each spark wire 1 at a time.. for the 1st one the car turned off after i took it off. i then put it in and took off the 2nd wire... nothing happened ! i mean it felt the same no affects i tried the same with 3 and 4. at the end it seems that 2 and 4 are not creating any sparks. i took out the plugs and it seemed like it was new ..
so what can this be ? is it that electricity box that the spark wires are connected to ? whats the name of that ?
any other possibilities or tests ?
if not i guess i gotta take to a mechanic
p3rsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2004, 12:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car: 2010 (Prefer not to say here).
Photos:
thekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to thekid Send a message via AIM to thekid
if you have one can get one or rig one up you can test for the spark. Bascially what it is is a screw driver with the handle hollowed out and inside is placed a real basic circuit that will power a light. You obviously put the end of the screw driver at the end of the wire and make a connection and then turn the car on, or if it's running you can do the test then too aswell. However, even though it's a horrible thing to do (j/k) you might need to take it to a mechanic if you have one that you trust. If not they may try and screw you over on this.
thekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 01:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
ok here is what happened i went to the mechanic and he said that the ignition wire and the coil set needs to be changed ? :-S all this for not using my car for 2 months .. wtf
Old 07-21-2004, 01:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Photos:
thekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond reputethekid has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by p3rsian@Jul 21 2004, 02:09 PM
ok here is what happened i went to the mechanic and he said that the ignition wire and the coil set needs to be changed ? :-S all this for not using my car for 2 months .. wtf
it's possible. That sounds about right if your not getting any spark at all. A bit of moisture could have found its way in, or a squirel (sp?) or other small rodent. I don't think that the wires are too expensive but as I recall the coils can get a little pricey. But you'll be out a couple hundred at worst, no more so than if you had to be driving the car over the last 2 months.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
any cheap places to buy these ?
cheapest i found for wires was 163 at bimmerparts
but i cant seem to find the coil pack in any sites all i found was on ebay which is here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

any other places i can get this ?
Old 07-21-2004, 01:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Threadkiller

Car:
Photos:
bitcore will become famous soon enoughbitcore will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to bitcore Send a message via AIM to bitcore Send a message via MSN to bitcore
Wires to the coils shoudn't be too expensive.

bitcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 02:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by p3rsian@Jul 21 2004, 02:36 PM
any cheap places to buy these ?
cheapest i found for wires was 163 at bimmerparts
but i cant seem to find the coil pack in any sites all i found was on ebay which is here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

any other places i can get this ?
there a cheap place in Atlanta... I can't remeber what it's called but it's usually between 10-25% cheaper than the stealerships just for the parts.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
why cant i find coil pack on bimmerparts or pelican parts? all i find it ignition coil /// is this the same thing ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)