BMW Werkz banner

My New 1995 325i

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Delmarco 
#1 ·
I just purchased my first BMW and i am in love, there are however a few problems i hopw some of you can elaborate on.

1: when starting at a stoplight, every once in a while my car will just pop out of first gear, i am unable to recreate this problem

2: the electronic door lock no longer works on the back left door.

3: in order for the parking brake to engage it has to go up 13 clicks, i asked a dealer and it is supposed to be 5

4: my digital clock no longer lights up

5: the stearing wheel is cocked a little bit to the left but the alignment seems to be fine

your input would be appreciated

#5 ·
Originally posted by flying_junk@Jan 28 2005, 07:17 PM
the reason it pops out of first gear is probably because the gear is worn down. might be fluids. i woudl hope it is. sorry bro. but. im just trying to give u the facts and my $.02.
[snapback]281381[/snapback]​

that would suck i suggest you have a pro take a look at it after you check the fluids

#6 ·
WTF...why did you buy it?...anyway take it in t a BMW dealership and pay like $200-$500 or something to get a full body diagnotic...Also go to a lube place (akalocal carwash) and get ALL your fluids checked and replaced ASAP!-it ranges from 30$ to $300 depending on what you need

Also your little computer clock needs new bulbs as well -the bulbs is like $1.00 at the dealership. They may tell you some matrix bullshit that needs to be replaced for $500 but trust me its just the bulbs.

I never ever use my parking brake so I won't even worry about that unless you live is a Hilly ass place like San Fran!

Oh and get a new aftermarket keyless entry alarm system, you probably need a new updated and current system anyway, that will fix your lock problem----$200 for this installed at specialty places

Also Cars are expensive and BMWs are at the top of the food chain so you gotta sacrifice for your baby...

#7 ·
Originally posted by moxer@Jan 28 2005, 02:45 PM
I just purchased my first BMW and i am in love, there are however a few problems i hopw some of you can elaborate on.

1: when starting at a stoplight, every once in a while my car will just pop out of first gear, i am unable to recreate this problem

2: the electronic door lock no longer works on the back left door.

3: in order for the parking brake to engage it has to go up 13 clicks, i asked a dealer and it is supposed to be 5

4: my digital clock no longer lights up

5: the stearing wheel is cocked a little bit to the left but the alignment seems to be fine

your input would be appreciated
[snapback]281178[/snapback]​
1. Faulty guide sleeve? its a long shot, but a possibility..

2. Im assuming this would be a dead actuator, you can probably pick up a used one for pretty cheap.

3. Easy fix: You just need to adjust it. Here is a link on how to do this: http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/techarticl..._Adjustment.htm

4. As delmarco stated its probably the bulb, my car has this problem as well. I plan on replacing the bulb in the near future.

5. I have no idea, anyone have any suggestions.. i have this problem too.

BMW parts are generally more expensive than your average american car parts, but if you know where to look you can buy stuff pretty cheap, and you can also buy used items. Generally you should stay away from the dealership, they will overcharge you on everything. BMW's in my opinion are not to expensive to maintain if you are smart about doing it, and this is coming from a kid that has little to no income at the moment.

#8 ·
Funny you say that about the streering wherl cause I thought the same thing when I purchased my 95 325i...I now have a 97 M3 and same thing. Remember the car is made around driver and maybe there is a good reason behind it but there is nothing to worry about on that topic.

#9 ·
i found a way to fix the wheel, quite dangerous however. what you have to do is take off the bolt holding the steering wheel on, drive on a straight higway, pull the steering wheel off, and put it back on correctly.
i dont plan on doing this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.