My "I'm amazed" moment for the day... - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2004, 09:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
Spook is an unknown quantity at this point
I know this probably won't shatter any worlds or anything, but it was a highpoint of my day (after trying to figure out what's up with my battery and/or alternator this morning). I just bought my '92 318I a few days ago knowing it needed a new headliner badly...So, I'm at the dealership (BMW type, of course) getting a few other things and ask offhandedly how long it might take for them to get a new headliner in. The guy checks the computer, and they actually had one in stock.

Yeah, I know, big deal right? Well, not only is even the parts guy amazed they have one in stock, their price--at a BMW dealership--is $10. cheaper than the *only* other place I have been able to find the complete OEM headliner, rather than just the cloth covering or the like ($231.00 at the dealership, versus $241. online, not counting shipping). It was even the right color! Btw, I learned something today..."Pearl" is what you want to ask for OEM-wise if you need a grey headliner.

Anyway, I thought my little find today was kewl. Tomorrow, I get to figure out whether I have an alternator issue or my last battery was just bad.
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2004, 11:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
chungaa1 is an unknown quantity at this point
kewl,,
thanks for the info... im thinking about changing mine out as well.. (cigar burns)
chungaa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 11:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
Spook is an unknown quantity at this point
I was sooo happy they had one in stock, but I did ask how long it would have been if they hadn't. The parts guy said anywhere from 3 days to a week depending. So, all is not lost if your dealership doesn't have one at the time, and they're still cheaper (likely the *only* thing dealerships have that is...lol).
Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)