This is my First BMW Need Ideas for cosmetic mods - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 06:57 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thre318is is on a distinguished road
Garage
(Thread Starter)
This is my First BMW Need Ideas for cosmetic mods

Just bought my first bmw . e36 318is . . .. ( I know ) had quite a few speeding tickets in my other car so I wanted to keep it low profile . I love the looks of the 318 but Its just begging for some cosmetic modifications. Its basically stock right now , I feel like its lowered slightly from the previous owner when i compare it to my brother in laws 330 but im not sure !

What type of modifications would you suggest to my 1994 mauritsblau blue coupe?

shocks springs ? tints ? You guys get pretty creative with your cars , but I dont know where to start with the bmw. Its not a Honda or Acura !

I love the look of the e36 m3 but not necessarily wanting the front bumper I see everyone put on their cars.

I guess I just want to know some good brands and places to get parts on a
budget. my car has potential , just dont know where to start!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Ich bin der Modifikator

johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Quote:
I guess I just want to know some good brands and places to get parts on a
budget. my car has potential , just dont know where to start!!

Getting all the maintenance issues straightened out first, tune-up, brakes, cooling system, etc.

BMW Bavarian Autosport Aerodynamics | Bavarian Autosport BMW Parts and Accessories

Turner Motorsport | BMW Performance Parts, OEM BMW Parts & BMW Accessories

http://www.ddmtuning.com/

m•nitza | 925 • 521 • 0577 BMW Angel Eyes | Lexus Angel Eyes | Nissan Daylight Demon Eyes Angel Eyes | Auto Parts

Auto Parts at AutohausAZ - OEM Auto Parts - Discount Replacement Parts, Resources and Car Care Tips

Bimmerzone: BMW Parts Performance & Accessories

BimmerWorld > Race Proven BMW Performance Parts and OEM Parts

Eurosport Design | Your Source for High-End Automotive Performance Products & Accessories

DIY sites:

BMW E36 DIY (Do It Yourself)

Doug's Domain :: BMW DIY Articles

jb

Last edited by johnnyBgood; 10-20-2010 at 08:04 PM.
#3 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 08:50 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future german-speed-demon has a brilliant future
good lord JB...lol

Greetings, i love to see a stock e36, but i also love a properly modified one as well. good louck n the process and keep us posted!

R.I.P fast 6

Two wheels or Four, I'm happy as long as the throttle is pinned.
#4 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Ich bin der Modifikator

johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
good lord JB...lol

lol...........as you can see, I have had a lot time on my hands, lately!

Also....enjoy helping fellow peeps!

jb

#5 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Gear Member

BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute BeachBunny has a reputation beyond repute
Lol, seriously, JBG! Personally, I also like the look of stock. The only thing different about mine is the tinted windows. Everyone has their personal taste, though. You know? I don't like the stuff that tries to make it look like something it's not. I guess that's the most basic way to say it. If you have a luxury junk yard, do some checking out there. Shoot, you can even check some online and have them ship it. Could you post some pics?
#6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Ich bin der Modifikator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBunny View Post
Lol, seriously, JBG! Personally, I also like the look of stock. The only thing different about mine is the tinted windows. Everyone has their personal taste, though. You know? I don't like the stuff that tries to make it look like something it's not. I guess that's the most basic way to say it. If you have a luxury junk yard, do some checking out there. Shoot, you can even check some online and have them ship it. Could you post some pics?
Yeah.......BB, I guess I over did it, but you could always bookmark them (links).........& have them for reference later........
as for the stock look, I will agree, I do like the stock look also......but like to enhance it a little, with subtle mods & upgrades.......not over doing it! I think when it's over done & if not done right, it will look Ricey!

jbg

#7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 08:10 PM
n00b

thre318is is on a distinguished road
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Wow! Bro thanks for all of the help ! I got the vibration thing figured out it was indeed my motor mount that was messed up. Shouldn't have to go far with all those links you posted lol. is there any specific things I should check out under the hood before I really start driving it? My brother just got his e46 and wants to do some filming so I need to get this car rollin.

And I came out of an accord I'm not going ricey ... Trust that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)