BMW Werkz banner

My dream

1K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  sean 
#1 ·
HI! i am new here and i hope nobody would be upset because i posted this topic.
I have only 15 years but i am crazy about cars , i love m3 especialy and altrough i am so "litlle" i know pretty much things about cars .
My dream is to have and m3 e36 with turbo, without the back seats(i am from europe so excuse my english) , put an big subwoofer + amp , tint the windows , back and front (altrough is illegal from what i understaned..), lower the car , change the front lights with some xenon lights(if they exist for e36) and change the rims and put the bigest wheels that is posibile(does anybody knows what is the biggest wheel that can be put on an e36 ? does 20' fit? ) oh , and another critical part that i would want is the front bumper , back bumper, side skirt , whitout spoiler!! i think that`s called a body kit , right?
That would be all , of course that is only my dream i don`t know how many things of that i would really have on my car but i sure will try to have them all..oh and a cool exauhst ... do you think 5 years of saving money would help me? let`s make them 10 :p , i don`t know the prices but i saw that evreybody has them i don`t think it would be a big pain in the...face to have them on my car ... oh + i want my car to be yellow :) i just love the color.. :)
Oh , and could enybody tell me the "options"(i dont know how they are called) of the e36 from stock? i mean how many hp, the year that it started to be on the market..general stuff so i could know about it..
thank you for reading this.. again , i hope nobody got mad becase of this post :(
Best regards,
Alex.

See less See more
#5 ·
You will get yours eventually, and yeah you have good taste in cars :driving

#6 ·
:hitwithrock

#8 ·
Hello there. I am also from Europe - well the Isle of Man anyway!! You can get the early e30 M3 that has either a 2.3l or 2.5l engine with 220bhp or 237bhp. After that you move up to e36 which has either 3.0l engine with 286bhp or the EVO version with a 3.2l and 321 bhp. Then there is the latest one with the 3.2l engine and 343bhp. I hope this is of some use for you???

Alex325i

#11 ·
you asked for general info. im going to spill what i know about e36 models and options for the next 10 minutes. (i change how i word alot, so might be like 5 seconds of reading).

the e36 model line starts with the 91's and goes up to 98's. you can have any of the 3 series that is: 318, 323, 325, 328, 330, and M3.

you can also have any of the versions of thoes cars as follows. (thought im not sure about the 'ti'. i know it's availble up to 325.) the 'ti' is the hatchback model, much shoter in the rear but the rest of the car is pretty much full size.

next we have the 'is' model, this is the sports version of the above cars and includes certain performance accesories which im not sure of off hand.

'xi' is the all-wheel-drive line. im not sure if they offer this on e36's but it's a version of the 3 series nonetheless. (might be e46 only)

'iC' is the convertable version. thats self-explanitory.

'ci' is the coupe. now the tricky part. you can have a coupe iC but not a convertable ci.

so. time for engines. the M42 is the 1.8L engine for the 318's. M44 is yea 96-98 318 only and it's 1.9L. M50 is the first 2.5L for the e36's but it was only made 1 year (on the 92 325i's) it does not have vanos controll. the M50/TU is the exact same engine only with added single vanos controll and was in years 93-95. M52 is next up. the newest engine for the e36's. it's either 2.0L, 2.5L or 2.8L pending your model of vehicle. it's also single vanos and indluded the OBD-II hardware. it's production years are 96 - 00 as it was put in the early E46 323's and 328's. the S50 is the 95 M3 engine which is 3.0L and still ODB-I/single vanos. in 96 they changed to S52 which is 3.2L, double vanos and OBD-II.

OBD-I means it's the early version of On Board Diagnostics which is the engine software to conpute and change all the engine functions. the OBD-II is the same thing, only more limited in how you can change it, which is why you will see people listing "OBD-I conversion" as one of their mods.

so thats what knowledge i can offer on e36 facts and history. hope it helps. ;)

#12 ·
you do not want to try and put 20s on that kind of car, 19 is large, 18's would work nicely with a drop, just remember the larger the wheel the more weight and the more stuff that you drive over that you will feel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.