BMW Werkz banner

my car lost power!

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  bitcore 
#1 ·
I was on the highway doing about 70 mph and i flased my high beams to let someone through, and as soon as i did that my radio went off, so i turned my radio back on and tryed again, and the same thing happen, so i turned my radio off, and did it again, and this time my car just lost power for second and all my lights in my dash flashed. My car is 92 325i and i have a aftermarket radio, with a amp, and sub on it but i've had it installed over a year and that's never happend before.
So i was wondering if it could be my alternator, because my car cranks up fine so i doubt it's my battery....has anyone experienced this before?
ohh! another thing i just installed - about to weeks ago, a eprom chip(ebay one) but i've not had problems with it. the car has been running smooth.
If it helps my car has 105,000 miles y don't think the alternator has ever been replaced. Do you guy's think my alternator is due for replacement?
Thanks, in advance.
ps sorry for the long post!

#4 ·
Thank's presidente thats a good sugestion. Man i didn't know you lived here in Atl. that is cool. No wonder your car looks familiar i thought i had seen it somewere. You got a bad ass looking car ther my friend maybe you can help me out with mine sometime.

#5 ·
Well I actually just moved to the area a few weeks ago. Thanks for compliments though. Drop me a PM sometime if you wanna meet up, I'd love to meet some other BMW owners on the board. The only other person I've been able to meet was thekid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.