MY ac and heat - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 10:01 PM
/Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash
Send a message via AIM to preyash Send a message via MSN to preyash Send a message via Yahoo to preyash
(Thread Starter)
MY ac and heat

Hey guys i just found out that my air conditioning and the heater is not working i mean the blower turns on and everything in the climate control functions the way it should, but there is no cold or warm air from the vents, what should be the problem. u can aslo hear the compressor turned on and everything too.

And guys why do i have a lot of electrical problems, are bimmers always this problematic with electronics.

preyash
byt he way its a 1994 bmw318i evrything else works wothout a problem, i love it tho.
its a head turner.

TEll me what can possibly be he problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Sodium Chloride

saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to saltshaker185 Send a message via MSN to saltshaker185
did this just now start happening? has the car been sitting for a while/
#3 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 10:06 PM
/Banned

preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash preyash
Send a message via AIM to preyash Send a message via MSN to preyash Send a message via Yahoo to preyash
(Thread Starter)
Hey

I got the car used day before yesterday and i turned it on to show the features of the car to my dad and the climate contorlling didnt work no heat and cold air.
what could possibly be the problem, any ways i am going to a mechanic to have the problem checked but can u tell me what would have happened if both of them stop working.
#4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Sodium Chloride

saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold saltshaker185 is a splendid one to behold
thats really strange... but possibly a bad heating coil and the ac needs a recharge? that would be pretty rare but yeah... good luck and hope its nothing big...
#5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 10:09 PM
/Banned

(Thread Starter)
Hey

Where is the heating coil located is it outside under the hood or behind the dashboard and why would the ac need a recharge, does that meean its leaking.
#6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 10:11 PM
3rd Gear Member

tomctx is an unknown quantity at this point
If you can hear something running, sounds like the vents and doors to the climate control are not working properly. Not sure how to start trouble shooting. And, yes, some BMW's have a lot of electrical problems.

1995 325I, window tint, K&N, debaffled airbox, BMW #104 wheels, Nighthawk low beams, smoked side markers, smoked corners, smoked taillights, M3 stlye heated mirrors, various interior bits, Bosal cat-back.
#7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Sodium Chloride

the ac if it doesnt get used alot will lose its charge by itself... it doesnt mean its leaking its just how it works unless you run it every once in a while... ive known guys that have lost thier ac over the winter even because they just used the heat... heating coil is in the dash i believe... not relaly sure though...
#8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 11:27 PM
3rd Gear Member

Sounds like the electronic controls are not opening any vents or doors to let the heat and cold out. Mine has the rotary buttons so I can't help here. "Final stage unit"? Anyone with a newer car?

1995 325I, window tint, K&N, debaffled airbox, BMW #104 wheels, Nighthawk low beams, smoked side markers, smoked corners, smoked taillights, M3 stlye heated mirrors, various interior bits, Bosal cat-back.
#9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 12:14 PM
/Banned

(Thread Starter)
hey guys

Finallly i figured it out that rotary buttons below the vent the blue and the read u gotta set them, i started it and the heat is like 100 degrees and its really nice, and yes the ac lost its charge, had it charged and it works cool as hell.
Thanks for the advice tho.
preyash
#10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 03:53 PM
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomctx
Sounds like the electronic controls are not opening any vents or doors to let the heat and cold out. Mine has the rotary buttons so I can't help here. "Final stage unit"? Anyone with a newer car?
Yeah, you don't have electronic controls. That's what I get for trying to think and type late at night.

#11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2006, 04:44 PM
1st Gear Member

BImmerN2B is an unknown quantity at this point
don't forget things like the AC system filter (Microfilter) you need to check on it just in case that is also dirty. This will prevent most of the air from coming trough. Check the DIY to know how to change it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)