BMW Werkz banner

Motor Cranks But Wont Start

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  IvanB 
#1 ·
Please help!!

I recently had my transmission rebuilt, I received a call from the mechanic telling me the work was done on the transmission, but now the car wont start. He asked me if I had problems starting the car..I never had this happen.I went and bought a new battery thinking this would help because the car had been sitting for about 6 months before I had the transmission fixed.Is it possible that if the transmission is not installed correctly that would affect the motor cranking but not starting??

#2 ·
Originally posted by AllEyezOnMe@Nov 22 2004, 06:32 AM
Please help!!

I recently had my transmission rebuilt, I received a call from the mechanic telling me the work was done on the transmission, but now the car wont start. He asked me if I had problems starting the car..I never had this happen.I went and bought a new battery thinking this would help because the car had been sitting for about 6 months before I had the transmission fixed.Is it possible that if the transmission is not installed correctly that would affect the motor cranking but not starting??
[snapback]235176[/snapback]​

Bad gas maybe or fuel filter clogged from bad gas? Really could be anything at this point if someones been messing with it for a while. When its cranking does it sound like its close to starting at all or does it just crank cleanly.

#3 ·
Originally posted by IvanB+Nov 22 2004, 04:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IvanB @ Nov 22 2004, 04:55 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-AllEyezOnMe@Nov 22 2004, 06:32 AM
Please help!!

[snapback]235176[/snapback]​

Bad gas maybe or fuel filter clogged from bad gas? Really could be anything at this point if someones been messing with it for a while. When its cranking does it sound like its close to starting at all or does it just crank cleanly.
[snapback]235185[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

I had a new fuel pump assembly & filter installed about 1 year ago. When it comes to cranking it cranks cleanly.

#5 ·
Originally posted by 97alpineM3@Nov 22 2004, 10:06 AM
Have you checked the plugs in the past year or so.. that might be at fault... or maybe the injectors...

Good Luck,

Les
[snapback]235219[/snapback]​

if the tachometer bounces when the engine is cranked by starter the ignition system is probably ok.

if not check out your ignition system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.