BMW Werkz banner

mods for E36 325IS

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  CSL 
#1 ·
I am thinking about getting 1992 BMW E36 325 IS, I want to mod it a little bit, nothing serious. I want to get intake and chip.

some parts I found:

Bavarian Autosport Performance Chip - $249.95

AFE Powerflow Intake Kit - $287.95: the site says it will increase power up to 31hps and 25 ftlbs of torque, but 31 hps, isnt it too much for just intake?

Can somebody tell me if this is a good mods, cuz I am new to cars.

I fount all this parts here, I cant link exactly to chip or intake because the site wont let me http://www.bavauto.com/shop.asp

sorry for my shitty english

See less See more
#3 ·
Originally posted by Furious@Apr 5 2004, 06:30 PM
great first mods. i say go ahead. do some research on the forum and you can get some good feedback
thanks. what do you think about the intake? is the price ok? and will it give 30hps like it says?

there is going to be an auction on 5/07/04, thats when I should get my car, its a clean tittle but it was hit in the front a little bit, the frame is probably ok, dont know about the radiator but its probably not touched, the only thing I will have to replace is hood, bumper, and headlight, my dad owns a private carshop so I will have a garage and all the tools I need fix it. This is going to be my first car so my dad doesnt want to buy anything to expencive and too fast for me, but 325is is pretty fast, I have driven 328i stick shift and it was awesome, fast, comfortable, the car was awesome overall

The pictures of the car I want to get:

#6 ·
Originally posted by Mattitjah@Apr 5 2004, 07:05 PM
An CAI (Cold Air Intake) will usually give you about 5% increase. In your case that would be just below 10hp. 30hp? No way! All the mods you listed are great. Car looks pretty clean for the circumstances.
How much are you willing to go for your max bid?
$2000 maximum, it got 140000 miles on it, but its a german car so I dont think I will have any problems.

#10 ·
Originally posted by CSL+Apr 5 2004, 06:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CSL @ Apr 5 2004, 06:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Furious@Apr 5 2004, 06:30 PM
great first mods. i say go ahead. do some research on the forum and you can get some good feedback
thanks. what do you think about the intake? is the price ok? and will it give 30hps like it says?

there is going to be an auction on 5/07/04, thats when I should get my car, its a clean tittle but it was hit in the front a little bit, the frame is probably ok, dont know about the radiator but its probably not touched, the only thing I will have to replace is hood, bumper, and headlight, my dad owns a private carshop so I will have a garage and all the tools I need fix it. This is going to be my first car so my dad doesnt want to buy anything to expencive and too fast for me, but 325is is pretty fast, I have driven 328i stick shift and it was awesome, fast, comfortable, the car was awesome overall

The pictures of the car I want to get:

[/b][/quote]
Probably need a new radiator don't know why BMW use plastic housing, some times if you're not careful when you changing your hose you mite brake your radiator housing. WATCH OUT

#13 ·
The 30hp is a ridiculous accusation, but they are both great mods. Havn't heard about the performance of the bavauto chip but they always sell top notch products. Was the driverside door open or was that also thrown off in the hit. You are also going to need a new nose panel and grills.

#14 ·
When there is nothing more damaged than the hood and front, 2000 is a good deal!

The first to begin with, after repair, paint the lower bumper parts and even so the sideskirts!

The increases power is sure not 31 HP for that car with only CAI, more likely 5 - 8 HP. What you should notice is the more economical mileage with that intake!

#15 ·
Originally posted by Andrewsd1985@Apr 6 2004, 08:00 AM
The 30hp is a ridiculous accusation, but they are both great mods. Havn't heard about the performance of the bavauto chip but they always sell top notch products. Was the driverside door open or was that also thrown off in the hit. You are also going to need a new nose panel and grills.
it was open

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.