Modding is a headache! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 12:03 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kaligiy83 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kaligiy83
(Thread Starter)
Modding is a headache!

Well guys, I just started modding my 95 325is and i've already encountered a few pits in the road. : Last week I ordered clear corners, markers, tails, and new euro spec headlights w/ an angel eyes kit. I was so excited because I was going to be able to get all of these accessories at the same time..boy was I on something..Yesterday, I went to go pick up my order (half of it) from a local sacramento mod shop and of course they sent the wrong tails (the ones where the amber housing is visible). So now I'm going to have to place a new order for the right ones. In addition to that, I get to wait 30 more days for my markers because they're on back order: And finally, because I have the worst luck in the world, the ellipsoids that i ordered from ebay (e-hell)aren't compatible with my car's electrical components. The tech who was installing them told me that the headlights I ordered were European(DuH) and that I needed some kind of adapter. Also, since the angel eye kit was not already installed, the techs dont even want to open the headlight housing because they think that theres a possibility that water will somhow get inside of them. And of course, (the cherry on top) since I'm mechanically inclined and couldn't possibly replace these parts myself, I have to wait another 4 weeks for my scheduled appointment with mtrsprtdynmics before I can get my headlamps installed!Curse the ebay seller responsible for these incompatible bmw parts!!!..Now that that's off my chest, does anybody know where I can get this "adapter" that these techs are reffering to? Are there any headlight kits that I can buy with the angel eyes already installed?(glass lenses preffered!) Does anybody know of any shops familiar with these kind of modifications in or near the sacramento area? Thanks for your advice in advance!

u=21773&dateline=1136620130&type=profile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 12:22 AM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
I am in a hurry right now. I will come back and check tomorrow. In the meantime, visit www.jlevisw.com and www.umnitza.com.

God luck

#3 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 12:27 AM
LYFE SUCK5

Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future Ivan has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Ivan
ever hear "if it can go wrong, it will" ?

that is so true with cars
#4 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 02:02 AM
General Chaos

SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaligiy83
Well guys, I just started modding my 95 325is and i've already encountered a few pits in the road. : Last week I ordered clear corners, markers, tails, and new euro spec headlights w/ an angel eyes kit. I was so excited because I was going to be able to get all of these accessories at the same time..boy was I on something..Yesterday, I went to go pick up my order (half of it) from a local sacramento mod shop and of course they sent the wrong tails (the ones where the amber housing is visible). So now I'm going to have to place a new order for the right ones. In addition to that, I get to wait 30 more days for my markers because they're on back order: And finally, because I have the worst luck in the world, the ellipsoids that i ordered from ebay (e-hell)aren't compatible with my car's electrical components. The tech who was installing them told me that the headlights I ordered were European(DuH) and that I needed some kind of adapter. Also, since the angel eye kit was not already installed, the techs dont even want to open the headlight housing because they think that theres a possibility that water will somhow get inside of them. And of course, (the cherry on top) since I'm mechanically inclined and couldn't possibly replace these parts myself, I have to wait another 4 weeks for my scheduled appointment with mtrsprtdynmics before I can get my headlamps installed!Curse the ebay seller responsible for these incompatible bmw parts!!!..Now that that's off my chest, does anybody know where I can get this "adapter" that these techs are reffering to? Are there any headlight kits that I can buy with the angel eyes already installed?(glass lenses preffered!) Does anybody know of any shops familiar with these kind of modifications in or near the sacramento area? Thanks for your advice in advance!

maybe u shoulda asked us since we are a tad bit more experianced before u made dem purchases live n learn...

#5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 02:06 AM
vwk
1st Gear Member

vwk is an unknown quantity at this point
True

Before I've read the topic I thought it was about moderating here
Glad it's not that bad here :lol:

Euro E36 M3 3.2 Rebuild Project

27 years
#6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 08:31 AM
Power Shifting

Cruzin 323is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Cruzin 323is
def.. like speedinfusion said.. u should have came on the boards and asked us all.. on he best and cheapest way to get them.. also, we can help you put them in... putting exterior mods on are a breeze.... don't pay some 1 money if you dont have to...

thats what makes modding so fun.. u learn stuff about your own car... which is good!!

got any pics of your car?

-SOLD..
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2229108/1 *UPDATED 8.25.06*
R.I.P Fast 6

stuff for sale on my e36.. CHeck it out!
http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/aft...e36-49128.html
#7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 11:29 PM
General Chaos

SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
btw if u can get ur $$ back, do it, we'll help u mod ur way to happiness

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)