BMW Werkz banner

The Mileage Displaying Light Doesnt Fade.....

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jasear 
#1 ·
Well i went to see this bmw its a 325 tds with leather interior, 90,000 miles on the clock 1994 m reg, alloys, spoiler in white colour. Good condition overall plus has a new mot and sony face off cd player with cd changer. firstly i wanted to know how much you guys think its worth? There is no service history with the car and it got misplaced or lost. The second question is whether there is anyway i can find out abt its service history through bmw?

lastly, the mileage displaying light doesnt fade away once the keys have been taken off and car locked. Any ideas what could be causing this? And also anyway i can find out if the car has been clocked?

thanks for ure help guys.

#2 ·
Originally posted by jasear@Oct 6 2004, 09:35 PM
Well i went to see this bmw its a 325 tds with leather interior, 90,000 miles on the clock 1994 m reg, alloys, spoiler in white colour. Good condition overall plus has a new mot and sony face off cd player with cd changer. firstly i wanted to know how much you guys think its worth? There is no service history with the car and it got misplaced or lost. The second question is whether there is anyway i can find out abt its service history through bmw?

lastly, the mileage displaying light doesnt fade away once the keys have been taken off and car locked. Any ideas what could be causing this? And also anyway i can find out if the car has been clocked?

thanks for ure help guys.
[snapback]206258[/snapback]​

no one interested in helping a newbie?

#3 ·
Dude,
first off: Did you look under the hood? It seems you are looking at cosmetics (leather int., type of radio installed) to judge whether the car is good.

Second: Service History papers in a car means nothing. Anyone can forge that or make it up if they wanted to scam you. Well let me clarify it means something if its legit.

So CARFAX is really the BEST thing for the car's history....You'll get police reports, odemeter fraud, salvage records if any, even where and when the car was previously registered, and how many owners the car has had. CARFAX won't give you specifics on servicing like how many times the oil was changed or the tires rotated etc... but you'll get alot more important details for buying the car. I don't know whether BMW keeps VIN records on vehicles and if they do they may update or delete files older than 10 years (? I've heard this cant remember where)

A 1994 E36 IS model with 90,000 miles should be about 5000 (poor) to 9000 (pristine). Usually a car that old in normal wear and tear condition is basically $6000-$7000.

I don't know what that guage light problem is? could be basic electrical problem to something extreme like odemeter fraud.

AND What do you mean if the car had been "clocked"?

#4 ·
Originally posted by Delmarco@Oct 6 2004, 11:11 PM
Dude,
first off: Did you look under the hood? It seems you are looking at cosmetics (leather int., type of radio installed) to judge whether the car is good.

Second: Service History papers in a car means nothing. Anyone can forge that or make it up if they wanted to scam you. Well let me clarify it means something if its legit.

So CARFAX is really the BEST thing for the car's history....You'll get police reports, odemeter fraud, salvage records if any, even where and when the car was previously registered, and how many owners the car has had. CARFAX won't give you specifics on servicing like how many times the oil was changed or the tires rotated etc... but you'll get alot more important details for buying the car. I don't know whether BMW keeps VIN records on vehicles and if they do they may update or delete files older than 10 years (? I've heard this cant remember where)

A 1994 E36 IS model with 90,000 miles should be about 5000 (poor) to 9000 (pristine). Usually a car that old in normal wear and tear condition is basically $6000-$7000.

I don't know what that guage light problem is? could be basic electrical problem to something extreme like odemeter fraud.

AND What do you mean if the car had been "clocked"?
[snapback]206333[/snapback]​
thanks for your reply. by clocked i mean the odometer has been altered!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.