BMW Werkz banner

Mid-pipe And Headers

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jrhaile 
#1 ·
so whats up guys....i was thinking a little today after i wrote a 4 page essay on Robert Frost....why the heck haven't i gotten a full exhaust. then i remembered...i have money for it but do i really want to spend it? so ive been looking around a bit and for headers i have only come up w/ supersprint which is way to damn expensive and Bavauto. the bavauto one is $600 i believe which isnt too bad i guess. now the problem i run into is the mid-pipe or x-pipe. whatever . AA sells theirs for way too much, especially for the OBDII cars because you need those o2 sensors...so all in all, i am asking for other companies who makes those parts and the prices. and any feed back from the people on here. c-ya later!

#2 ·
my suggestion for the mid pipe is make your own. find a mid pipe from another 328 and hollow the cats out. but since your car is obd 2 i think you would still need 02 simulators.

#3 ·
i would have helped you out but i dont browse this forum very often anymore because of the amount of idiots that plague this forum

#4 ·
Originally posted by BaLAnCe17@May 3 2005, 01:32 AM
so whats up guys....i was thinking a little today after i wrote a 4 page essay on Robert Frost....why the heck haven't i gotten a full exhaust. then i remembered...i have money for it but do i really want to spend it? so ive been looking around a bit and for headers i have only come up w/ supersprint which is way to damn expensive and Bavauto. the bavauto one is $600 i believe which isnt too bad i guess. now the problem i run into is the mid-pipe or x-pipe. whatever . AA sells theirs for way too much, especially for the OBDII cars because you need those o2 sensors...so all in all, i am asking for other companies who makes those parts and the prices. and any feed back from the people on here. c-ya later!
[snapback]340370[/snapback]​
Turner Motorsport also has headers. Also mid-pipes, I believe. supersprint has a mid-pipe, but, like you said, $$$$$.

#5 ·
I think for the supersprint one you have to get their headers... because this mid pipe doesnt go up all the way to the short stock headers. But you could do is cut off the very front part of the stock pipes, from the headers down about 2 -3 feet and weld that on the supersprint mid pipe so it would work with the short headers, like the bav auto. And the pipe diameter even on the aftermarket parts stays the same. Its about $100 cheaper than the AA or turner.

-Serge

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.