Maybe soon I will own a BMW too! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2004, 06:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
jdsony is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm currently lookings for a new car and will probably make a purchase in early March. I've looked at so many different vehicles and it's really hard to find something I like since I am too picky. My max price is $20,000cad and I want something as new as possible or at least with lower mileage so it limits my choices. I looked at 2000 Golf GTI's which are in my price range and although are not real wheel drive and not that performance oriented they have a real nice interior and look nice. A mid to late 90's 325i or 328i (preferably "is") are also in my price range so I have become interested in them since they are RWD and have some pretty decent hp/torque numbers. I'm also a sucker for luxury items since they make me feel powerful :P

Just a couple questions to better my knowledge.

1) Did the e36 325i/328i ever come with keyless entry? (I haven't been able to find this out)

2) Is it a quiet car (inside)? (My current car I have to yell to talk when on the highway so anything will be a nice change)

3) How is the handling?

4) What other cars were you looking at when they chose a BMW and why did you end up choosing the BMW?

Thanks for any answer's you can come up with!
jdsony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2004, 07:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
eloff19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to eloff19
1)yes 325i/328i come with keyless entry...i have yet to see one without it

2)it's pretty quiet, you still hear road noise but its not bad...i don't have to yell to carry on a conversation

3)the handling is

4)i can't really say what i was considering, i was driving a piece of shit '85 ford and i just ran into an awesome deal...i've been a bmw fan for a while and after i test drove it i had to have the car...

have you driven a bmw yet?
that might help make your choice, and for 20 grand you could also look at an m3 one of my friends picked up a '95 w/ 70k miles for $11...that's a good deal but if you have 20$ to spend i'm sure you could get a sweet ride
eloff19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 06:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Defector

Car:
Photos:
El Presidente is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to El Presidente
I chose the bimmer because my other option was a 944. The insurance would have killed me.
El Presidente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 08:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
350z

Car: 03 Nissan 350z Track
Photos:
bigred318 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to bigred318 Send a message via Yahoo to bigred318
i choose a bmw becuase of that reason alone! its a bmw! turns the heads! ladies love it, fast, great handling! Luxury/sport racer at night street car at day! good car to mod! endless!

David
Old 01-28-2004, 09:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Millions of them.

Car: e36 w/ a m42
Photos:
Torque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond reputeTorque has a reputation beyond repute
i chose a bmw because i just love them. and when i sell this one, i am getting a bmw again
Old 01-29-2004, 02:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Excellent, good responses. Yeah I have yet to drive one and $20,000cad max is just a number that I myself feel is within my limits of affordability. What the bank gives me may be a totally different number so I will be going this week before I set my hopes too high. Worst case scenario is I wait a couple more months and save a bit more.

I did consider an e36 M3 but car prices here are just so outrageous, especially for cars like the M3, Supra, S2000, or any convertible sports cars. It's amazing how much cheaper cars are on Ebay from the US but I'm not sure I want to go through all the drama with importing a car.

Next on my agenda will be going to the bank and then doing some test driving to see what suites me. It's funny how most people I know don't think of a car as more than just transportation but it's just like anything else some people consider it an interest or a hobby just like knitting or baseball.

Old 01-29-2004, 12:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
jay8s is an unknown quantity at this point
I LOVE MINE...... My whole family drives these near perfect cars. I will have another one soon. I would only stay in the e36ish era though, I HATE THE NEW REDESIGN OF THE 5, 7....JURY IS STILL OUT ON THE NEW 3....
jay8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 03:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
eloff19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to eloff19
i'm not a big fan of the new 3, imo the e36's have the best styling
eloff19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 08:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Yeah the new styling of the 5, and 7 series are kinda iffy but I like the new 3 series. A brand new M3 would be one of my top choices if I could afford one. I find it's usually hard for me to accept the new styling of cars everytime a model get's redesigned. It usually takes me about 6 months to a year before I appreciate them and prefer them over the previous generation.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
BMWChicago is an unknown quantity at this point
You know a funny things about BMW.... I bought a 1994 325 for $9,000 and everyone was talking about it in the office. For at least a month.

It's amazing how powerful the BMW name is.

Another employee bought a brand new Kia for $11,000 and... all the talk is about the bimmer. Ok it's a Kia and you can't compare both, but it's worth $2,000 more than my car. So why is everybody making comments all the time about the BMW ?

I love my car, but I can't help thinking that BMW is a bit overhyped !
BMWChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 12:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
350z

Car: 03 Nissan 350z Track
Photos:
bigred318 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to bigred318 Send a message via Yahoo to bigred318
oh yeah the bmw name carries! but yeah my dad is getting his 2000 m5 really soon then we will have a 318is 325i and an m3 and a toyota truck haha but we are getting another 325is or 328is in a year or so well im buying it but yeah we might keep the 318is not sure!...

David
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)