BMW Werkz banner

m52 mods

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  ehlpitel 
#1 ·
I've always wanted a BMW, but not until recently did I realize my dream was possible, so I know very little about what some moderately common power mods are for an m52 motor. For example, on a 2nd gen eclipse turbo some common mods are a turbo upgrade, upgraded intake manifold, and a swap from a 2nd gen throttle body to a first gen throttle body. Just looking for some ideas as to what can be done to these cars relatively easily to get them moving even faster than they do on their own. Also, any other common mods on other motors that could be done on an m52 with some work would be cool. Thanks in advance for any replies! :devil

#5 ·
Yeah... that sound's like a more realistic number. Guess I'll be shooting for 300 then. I've looked at AA turbo kits, but (don't hate me here) they really are a bit excessive on the price end, not to mention that the 389 horsepower rating is obviously above the 300, although im sure at lower boost levels that could be dropped... Any ideas?

#7 ·
Yeah... i'm not all that fond of turbo kits, but i do want my car as a daily driver, and i don't really trust myself just yet to put something together that will hold up day to day. hmm.... but then again i do have this forum for my questions... and there is nothing like the sound of an HKS bov. :D

#8 ·
Manifold only helps more under FI. I have early gen AA turbo kit on my car now. Many of the parts will be up for sale soon if you are intrested (turbo w/ internal gate, injectors, piping, downpipe(exhaust), intercooler, oil feed and return, instructions, pretty much the whole kit except for manifold and some other small things). Car can take alot of power, more than you'll ever have, so don't worry about that, only thing that will go would be the clutch (mine slipped horribly after turbo) head gasket, maybe a few other things, the bottom and head can take alot.

#9 ·
clutch should almost definatly be replaced when u go FI....yeah AA is good from what i hear but, it is seriously expensive...btw get an external wastegate(not to sound like a dick) however, it is possible to incorparate wastegate into turbo in a decent manner...ive only done MINOR work on car(ive taken the wheel and strut assemnly off a 528e, and iv changed a few tires) and i plan on installing and figuring out my own turbo system...the only part of the proccess that one really needs major qualification for is the welding, which i dont plan on doing myself...
good luck!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.