BMW Werkz banner

m50 misfiring in 1-4 gears, but not 5 gear

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  miami325e 
#1 ·
hello my m50 motor from a 93 325is with stick shift was misfiring in all gears from 1-4 except 5 it will rev smoothly. when i adjusted my foot on gas and played with the gas pedal i got some spots of smooth revs in gears 1-4. hmmm. the motor pulled stong in 5th but not in other gears unless you vary the gas pedal pressure playfully. I dont know what revs is all this happening because my instrument cluster does not work. I always have had a cel on that goes away when the car is idling and not moving for more than a couple of minutes. The idle is smooth and steady.Hello experts what do I do this car. and what is the causant of bad acceleration in some gears but not 5 gear? I tried the pedal dance to get codes.no good. cel just flashes and stays on. goes away after idling and non movement for a while. M50 experts please chime in. and any other non experts too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.