BMW Werkz banner

M3 Vader Leather Seats

4K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  theironm0nk 
#1 ·
Are there any places where I can find these seats online or should I check with the dealership?

#12 ·
Coupe vaders will fit a four door, as e36 said.

Vaders used to go for 800-1200 bucks when i started looking around at prices around 6 months ago, but since then i havent seen to many sell for over 700.

The average going price is 400-700, you will see poeple trying to get more for them, most above 700 will not sell.

Don't listen to delmarcos advice... lol.

The hard part about getting these seats is that you basically have to wait until a pair in your area pops up, because they are such a pain in the ass and so expensive to ship.

Also, i highly doubt the dealer will know anything about putting these seats in a non M car, and they will probably tell you you cant or something stupid along those lines.

#13 ·
Originally posted by catalyst.@Aug 25 2005, 09:00 PM
Coupe vaders will fit a four door, as e36 said.

Vaders used to go for 800-1200 bucks when i started looking around at prices around 6 months ago, but since then i havent seen to many sell for over 700.

The average going price is 400-700, you will see poeple trying to get more for them, most above 700 will not sell.

Don't listen to delmarcos advice... lol.

The hard part about getting these seats is that you basically have to wait until a pair in your area pops up, because they are such a pain in the ass and so expensive to ship.

Also, i highly doubt the dealer will know anything about putting these seats in a non M car, and they will probably tell you you cant or something stupid along those lines.
[snapback]372269[/snapback]​
yeah they're pretty good at telling that you cant do things, only because they've never heard of it being done!

Are just plain leather seats this expensive too?

#15 ·
new from the dealer for those seats (if they even offer them anymore) are upwards of $2000.. And to become a BMW mechanic is not easy my friend. You have to go to a special STEP program to get qualified.. then you basically have know someone. THe pay is great tho.. I think you start at like $50K or some shit like that.. crazy money for a starting out mechanic

#16 ·
like I said go to EBAY...get a shitty pair for like $400-$600 and reupholster them...used vaders are in usually shitty condition anyway...and the rare occasion where a used set has been kept in top condition, you'll find the owner is trying to sell them for over $1000.

I've seen good condition sets go for $700 on Ebay...The only reason they are so expensive on Ebay is that demand is real high for them...Evry tom and harry that wan't to make an M3 out of his 325 or 328 is looking for them at any given moment...

You could also consider Recaro seats and reupholter them in the vader fashion...as a cheaper alternative

#17 ·
hmm how much would normal leather seats cost?

The reason why I want leather seat is because my family just went through a car buying spree so everyone now has new cars. My mom's car has leather seats and after driving in it; I want leather seats; I liked the vader M3 seats but if normal BMW leather seats are much cheaper then I'll go with them.

#18 ·
Delmarco.. would you pay 1000+ for vaders? No.

Not many people would.. thats why the prices are starting to come down alot. I see alot of great condition ones go for 400-700.

I see shitty condition ones going for 250-350 too.

Its all about what someones willing to pay for them, and not to many people are willing to spend that much.

Search the classifieds on bimmerforums, there are always sets for sale there.

Depending on where your located, it will be easier to find a set, there are a shi*tload for sale in cali right now.. mostly black though.

Im looking for a set myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.