m3 performance - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 12:54 AM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
c0sm0BLKM3 is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
m3 performance

Hi,
I want to do some upgrades to my m3 and i ahve about 2 grand to spend and i wanna get most bang for my buck bolt ons so pls tell me waht you have i would like to have about 300 horsepower or somewhere near it and i would like to know a few things people have done for easy weight reduction besides taking out the vader interior.

THANK YOU!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Ich bin der Modifikator

johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough johnnyBgood is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0sm0BLKM3 View Post
Hi,
I want to do some upgrades to my m3 and i ahve about 2 grand to spend and i wanna get most bang for my buck bolt ons so pls tell me waht you have i would like to have about 300 horsepower or somewhere near it and i would like to know a few things people have done for easy weight reduction besides taking out the vader interior.

THANK YOU!!!!
Welcome to the Werkz..... What upgrades does your M3 have already?

johnny,

#3 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 10:58 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
none so far so im trying to figure out what i should get cause ive seen the m50 manifold kit and software upgrade and inatke and i was gonna do this but then ive seen cam kits that have all that wrapped up so i dont know what to do pls help me i want to do some pretty big gains around 300 HP
#4 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 05:26 AM
Neutral Member

garbone is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to garbone
i'de take a look and the performance package turnermotorsports .com has. you can get chip, intake, inectors, hfm, and m50 manifold for that price. do a search around the web for those plus headers and underdrive pulleys. it should get you started. The best part of working on a car is deciding what to buy. the worst part is not having the money for the parts. since you have a budget just plan according to the budget.

I would get a conforti intake + HFM, 24lb injectors, and chip. it would be a great way to enjoy a tax return.
#5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 12:33 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
so i was looking at this kit on turner Turner Motorsport - Item# JCINTAKEEURO24 - Stage 2 - E36 M3 TMS / Conforti Euro Intake Kit with 24LB Fuel Injectors - E36 and i was then wondering if it would be alright to get the m50 manifold conversion kit im pretty sure if i did get all this id be getting some pretty good performance please let me know if there would be a problem thank you
#6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 03:05 AM
Neutral Member

yeah it would be fine with the manifold kit. but just so you understand, the manifold swap will cause a loss in the lower end. I barely noticed it but then again i dont get on my accelerator very heavily. over all that kit with the m50 manifold will compliment each other well. the shark injector is the real money maker for those parts. it'll tie everything in very nicely. Hope all goes well you i hope you enjoy your modding experience.
#7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 10:18 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
wait now im a bit confused i thought the kti came with some software but im guessing its for the 95 version? and the shark injector is good and real easy too use? What kinds of gains do you get from it
#8 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Neutral Member

Sorry i forgot to ask What year is your M3? the package you purchased is for OBD-1 vehicles. if your M3 is between the years 96 and 2000 your car is OBD-2 and you should have purchased this package. Turner Motorsport - Item# TMS-I3TKIT - E36 M3 OBD-II TMS/Conforti Performance Package Stage II - E36 MZ3

if you purchased the wrong package im sure Turner Motorsports would exchange the OBD-1 chip with the Shark Injector at minimal cost. or you could sell the OBD-1 chip and purchase the shark injector.
the shark injector is very simple to use. i recommend a battery tender/ battery charger so your battery stays at a resonable level through out the update.

But if your M3 is OBD-1 that chip included is just as great as the shark injector. the chip replaces a chip in your DME (ECU).

instructions for OBD-2 install http://www.turnermotorsport.com/page..._April2007.pdf

instructions for OBD-1 install
the instuctions for the chip install should be included in your order.
#9 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 10:48 PM
3rd Gear Member

Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light Montizzle is a glorious beacon of light
Maintenance first. Trust me. Cooling system, bushings, worn suspension. THEN go bolt ons.

99 Dakar M3
|Conforti|Sharked|TC Kline SA|DEPO||BBS|M50 MANIFOLD|UUC|DDM|SPARCO|OEM X BRACE||SSK|ECS TUNING|MISHIMOTO|
#10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Neutral Member

my motto is "dont fix it if it isnt broken". its been working for the last 15 years. only items i stress are catostrophic failure parts. like the weak radiator neck and the fan clutch. dont want those to strand you in death valley. been there done that. you'll be happy with your bolt ons. then just make your way around the rest of the car. ie bushings and suspension. just my .02 cents.
#11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
TMS has that great kit. Also Check out AA Tuning, I remember looking at some of their quality kits back in the day. My favorite site is BimmerWorld - Race Proven BMW Performance Parts and OEM Parts

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)