BMW Werkz banner

M3 Parts

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  xsperf 
#1 ·
i was wondering what m3 parts would fit on a 95 318is. anything that has to do with suspension, drivetrain, or engine performance
thanx

#3 ·
u could fit an m3 engine in there
less major:
bumpers
fenders
(is it 2 door or 4 door?)

on the inside:

seats
u could get those nice pedals
u could also do those m3 rims

a ton of stuff man, both are e36's

#4 ·
Simply put, everything will fit. I have M3 parts galour on my 318.

When you swap suspension parts, just make sure you have all the parts from the M3. The sway bars are mounted to the struts instead of the control arms, the front struts require the M3 strut hats, everything else will pretty much just bolt on.

There's no problem using M3 suspension. The front end will just be slightly higher do to the lighter weight. You will also experience an increase in understeer since the front end has been lightened and obviously you won't have the torque of the M3 to give it that bit of oversteer.

Bry

#5 ·
thanx for the info. im thinking about possibly getting a used m3 flywheel. if i did would i hav to get any other parts for it or can i jsut take the stock one out and put the m3 one in

Autotechnica...as far as engine peformance goes what would be sum good stuff off an m3 to throw in a 318?

#6 ·
m3 flywheel.. ohh, i wouldnt get my hopes up, the 318 flywheel might be different because tis a whole different engine.. it might work though

for exterior, you could do:
bumpers
fenders
rims
interior...

those seats and shift nob and pedals.. are reallly cool

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.