Loud vibrating sound from centre/rear of car - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 08:24 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Razmataz is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Loud vibrating sound from centre/rear of car

Hi guys i just bought a 1995 325i convertible and its been running real good. Its recently started making a loud vibrating noise when i have people in the car. The sound only starts when i hit about 3000 revs plus and sounds as if the car is struggling to pull away. Just wanted to see if you guys can help before BMW take me for all i got!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 12:06 PM
LOS
4th Gear Member

LOS is an unknown quantity at this point
Check the catalyc converter by hitting it with your fist. If it rattles, that could be your problem.
How's the gas millage? Not too sure on your model but have your module scan for stored codes.

LOS
#3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 03:22 AM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
Only with people in the car? and when you say center rear you mean behind the center console and under (where a center rear passangers feet would be)?? Is there a bumping feeling with the noise? And does the noise increase with speed/rpm? And if so is it only speed or only rpm?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)