Looking to Turn MY bmw 325i To an M3 - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 09:30 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Chakdey is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Many people believe the 1994 BMW 325 I looks similar to the BMW M3. I want to change my cars looks so it looks like the m3. I was wandering if you guys had any ideas what I should do to my car. Right now I have the grey side skirts and front bumper ( Thinking about spray painiting them white), then I am going to change my reaer view mirrors (I saw the ones on Ebay for like 30$ and they have the signal indicator on them Dont know if those will work), Then Put Some Rims on the car, And chnge my lights to Neon/Euro Style again like 30$. If I paint it myself and can add those to my car for like 100$ -rims it should be good to go. Anybody have any siggewstions on the cheapest way todo this and if my ideas will work?
Thanks For the input.

I Know I got to change the logo too But that is a Minor Porblem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 09:39 PM
1st Gear Member

roguesniper1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to roguesniper1
No, offense, but your suggestion so far have a look of ricer, not a M3 one. $30 stuff is cheap and dosen't look like M3 one, or last more than 2 weeks.

I am pretty sure, there are other members on this forum who can turn you into the right track. I am personally, not big on making car look something which it is not.

PS: If you should think of changing the engine and tranny too, if you are serious.

PSS: also, changing your car into M3 is not CHEAP. It costs money.

WARN: you are into wrong forums.
#3 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 10:58 PM
wax
2nd Gear Member

wax is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to wax
yaaahh this isnt a rice forum. Its performance ovr speed, not vice-versa.

'05 Porsche 997 Carrera S
'03 Range Rover HSE
E39 540i...coming soon
#4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 11:13 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Kevin325i is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Kevin325i
Quote:
Originally posted by wax@Jun 6 2004, 11:38 PM
yaaahh this isnt a rice forum. Its performance ovr looks, not vice-versa.
Yeah what he said

Kevin

Kevin (President TBEA)

"WAAAAAAARRRRRIORS, come out to plaaaaay."
#5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 12:12 AM
W00T

Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute Numark318i has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Numark318i
Why change it...thats already a nice car. You cant imitate an M3.

#6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 12:22 AM
ex owner/admin

Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious Furious
Send a message via AIM to Furious
Quote:
Originally posted by Chakdey@Jun 6 2004, 08:10 PM
Many people believe the 1994 BMW 325 I looks similar to the BMW M3. I want to change my cars looks so it looks like the m3. I was wandering if you guys had any ideas what I should do to my car. Right now I have the grey side skirts and front bumper ( Thinking about spray painiting them white), then I am going to change my reaer view mirrors (I saw the ones on Ebay for like 30$ and they have the signal indicator on them Dont know if those will work), Then Put Some Rims on the car, And chnge my lights to Neon/Euro Style again like 30$. If I paint it myself and can add those to my car for like 100$ -rims it should be good to go. Anybody have any siggewstions on the cheapest way todo this and if my ideas will work?
Thanks For the input.

I Know I got to change the logo too But that is a Minor Porblem.
having a 1994 325 myself, i know for a fact that its very expensive to do the whole conversion. its not so much ricer; per say as its harder than you think. for instance, the Mtech kit, cost over 1000 easy, the engine cost quite a bit, the mirrrors, the mouldings, the vaders, the suspension, and the knick-knacks that make the M an M are quite expensive.
honestly there is no cheap way to do the conversion, on top of all of that, changing the logo to ///M3 from 325IS is the biggest BMW faux-paux, the car is not an M3 no matter what you do to it. be proud you own a 325 or just debadge the car. do the modifications that you wish, but dont make it something that it is not. these are only my opinions, take them with a grain of salt.

#7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 01:06 AM
n00b

mrjoshua is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mrjoshua Send a message via Yahoo to mrjoshua
I am in the process of doing a complete M3 conversion, but in now way shape or form will I ever put an M3 badge on my car. It's just not right and the guys are right as far as it being "RICEY"......that's like putting a Skyline GTR badge on anything but. It's just wrong and it does injustice to the original car. As far as price goes, it's deffinately not cheap, I dropped 3500 on my new M engine alone and another 3000 for the tranny and shifter assembly. This price doesn't include all of the little stuff that you are going to need either. So, as far as the conversion, it is deffinately do-able, but it takes money to get it right and buying cheap parts isn't going to make your journey towards having a M-LIKE car any easier.
#8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 02:27 AM
n00b

YNGRVP is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to YNGRVP
If your going to drop that much cash just go buy a freaking m3, I love my 325 like it is and i would not wanna conver i rather sell it and buy an m3 it would just make more sense. if It were ment to be an m3 it would be an m3 and not a 325i.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	my325.jpg
Views:	3864
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	8877  
#9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 02:33 AM
2nd Gear Member

docrobot is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a '92 325i myself, and I would rather have the M3 Engine and Suspension, than the M3 look.

If it is possible to have a sleeper Bimmer, I want it!

Posers need not apply...
#10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 02:35 AM
n00b

e285er is an unknown quantity at this point
hey Furious...i dont get it. You are saying shit to the original poster of this topic that he shouldnt make his car something that it is not. Am I correct? So why is it that in your list of "mods" you have...m3 sideskirts, m3font clip, and m3 this and that? Just curious. That doesnt make any sense to me man. Put on an original 325IS splitter or something if you dont want to be copying anything? Right...yeah.
#11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 10:52 AM
1st Gear Member

WickedBimmer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to WickedBimmer
You wont see the words M3 all over furious car or the m3 badge.... thats the difference.... cuz hes not sayings its a m3, u can put a body kit on any car, dosent make it a diff car, until u start lying n telling people it is, with false advertising....

'94 318is
Performance
Dinan Motorsports Chip :: Custom Racing Intake
Custom Made Exhaust ::

I.C.E.
MMATS Pro Audio Subwoofer :: PT 800 Amplifier
6" TV Mryon&Davis in Dash TV :: Blaupunkt DVD Player

Exterior:
::e46 M3 18" Wheels w/ 225/40/18 Low Pro Tires::
BavAuto Clear Corners :: BavAuto Red/Clear Tail Lights
Xenon Plasma Fogs :: Custom Painted Trim
20 % Black Tints :: Custom Shaved Emblems
Custom Painted Grill :: Xenon/HID High/Low Lights
#12 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 11:43 AM
n00b

mrjoshua is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mrjoshua Send a message via Yahoo to mrjoshua
What is with people and their kits? All I ever hear is why do you wanna try and make a car look like something that it's not and then the first thing that people go out and buy is some rediculous kit. Leave the car stock for freaks sake. Bimmers are so aggressive anyways and last time I checked body kits didn't add HP. Instead of spending money on something that is useless, why not not spend it on something that is going to increase your chance of winning on the street. As for your comment Mr. YNGRVP, last time I checked I really don't have the money for the M3 that I want, so for me the 8500 is reasonsable. It's just me. But like I said in another post never will you here me say my car is an M3 nor will you see and M3 badges. Yes, I do have an M badge on it, but that is because it is an Mpowered car now and in about two days it will be getting is Dinan tattoo due to a couple of "goodies for the kiddies" That just happened to end up under my hood. As for everyone else, it's your freakin car man. Do what you want. This board is nothing but everyones personal opinions so there for they all just suggestions. Although ricey is ricey do what you what you like. As long as your are keeping it real and not trying to bullshit someone you my man will be all right. Peace And Love......I'm Out!!!
#13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 12:06 PM
5th Gear Member

Silver4evr is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Chakdey@Jun 6 2004, 10:10 PM
Many people believe the 1994 BMW 325 I looks similar to the BMW M3. I want to change my cars looks so it looks like the m3.
If you want your ride to look like an M3, you can spend your money on whatever you like. It's your privledge as an American.

That being said, it would be like me changing the badge on my ride to the 545i and swapping out my rims for the stock 545 rims. By looking, no one will really know. However, when I start it up, the people who do know these things will laugh and the people who don't know about these things really aren't worth impressing.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, but spending a couple of hundred bucks may get you a kinda M3 look(including the badge) that may impress the unknowing but you will always know that you're lying and the BMW afficionados will likely give you a sneer.

But hey, it's your money. Personally I would put the money into the suspension/tires/rims first. Then some engine/exhaust add ons. Then a great sound system. Then some clears. Then you'll have an excellent looking, great handling, easy breathing and great sounding ride.

For all of you who want an M3, here's a link to several M3's for sale for less than $12k. One with around 52k miles. Why not have an original with a real M3 badge?

Good luck.

2004 E60 530is, Delivered 12/12/03, TiSilver/LGrey, PP, SP,PS, PDC, ACC, FRS, Step, Xenons, clear bra, body colored rear inserts. (Retired, 1983 henna red 320is)

2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition
#14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 04:14 PM

CiscoKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to CiscoKid
put a euro-spec m3 engine
put euro-spec m3 6-speed
put an m-teknic body kit on it
change the suspension to full coil-overs
change the seats
and you might be able to put the badge on it it is not worth it... jsut go out and buy an m3 if you want one. no matter what you do, people will be able to tell if it is not an m3 and you will be a joke

#15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 04:36 PM

Kevin325i is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Kevin325i
Quote:
Originally posted by docrobot@Jun 7 2004, 03:13 AM
I have a '92 325i myself, and I would rather have the M3 Engine and Suspension, than the M3 look.

If it is possible to have a sleeper Bimmer, I want it!

Posers need not apply...
Sleeper BMWs all the way. The '92 is actually the closest engine (besides the actual M) out of all the 325s. PM me if you want some more info. People are probably getting sick of hearing me say it.

Kevin

Kevin (President TBEA)

"WAAAAAAARRRRRIORS, come out to plaaaaay."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)