BMW Werkz banner

Looking to Turn MY bmw 325i To an M3

27K views 46 replies 28 participants last post by  Bueno 
#1 ·
Many people believe the 1994 BMW 325 I looks similar to the BMW M3. I want to change my cars looks so it looks like the m3. I was wandering if you guys had any ideas what I should do to my car. Right now I have the grey side skirts and front bumper ( Thinking about spray painiting them white), then I am going to change my reaer view mirrors (I saw the ones on Ebay for like 30$ and they have the signal indicator on them Dont know if those will work), Then Put Some Rims on the car, And chnge my lights to Neon/Euro Style again like 30$. If I paint it myself and can add those to my car for like 100$ -rims it should be good to go. Anybody have any siggewstions on the cheapest way todo this and if my ideas will work?
Thanks For the input.

I Know I got to change the logo too But that is a Minor Porblem.

#2 ·
No, offense, but your suggestion so far have a look of ricer, not a M3 one. $30 stuff is cheap and dosen't look like M3 one, or last more than 2 weeks.

I am pretty sure, there are other members on this forum who can turn you into the right track. I am personally, not big on making car look something which it is not.

PS: If you should think of changing the engine and tranny too, if you are serious.

PSS: also, changing your car into M3 is not CHEAP. It costs money.

WARN: you are into wrong forums. :D

#6 ·
Originally posted by Chakdey@Jun 6 2004, 08:10 PM
Many people believe the 1994 BMW 325 I looks similar to the BMW M3. I want to change my cars looks so it looks like the m3. I was wandering if you guys had any ideas what I should do to my car. Right now I have the grey side skirts and front bumper ( Thinking about spray painiting them white), then I am going to change my reaer view mirrors (I saw the ones on Ebay for like 30$ and they have the signal indicator on them Dont know if those will work), Then Put Some Rims on the car, And chnge my lights to Neon/Euro Style again like 30$. If I paint it myself and can add those to my car for like 100$ -rims it should be good to go. Anybody have any siggewstions on the cheapest way todo this and if my ideas will work?
Thanks For the input.

I Know I got to change the logo too But that is a Minor Porblem.
having a 1994 325 myself, i know for a fact that its very expensive to do the whole conversion. its not so much ricer; per say as its harder than you think. for instance, the Mtech kit, cost over 1000 easy, the engine cost quite a bit, the mirrrors, the mouldings, the vaders, the suspension, and the knick-knacks that make the M an M are quite expensive.
honestly there is no cheap way to do the conversion, on top of all of that, changing the logo to ///M3 from 325IS is the biggest BMW faux-paux, the car is not an M3 no matter what you do to it. be proud you own a 325 or just debadge the car. do the modifications that you wish, but dont make it something that it is not. these are only my opinions, take them with a grain of salt.

#7 ·
I am in the process of doing a complete M3 conversion, but in now way shape or form will I ever put an M3 badge on my car. It's just not right and the guys are right as far as it being "RICEY"......that's like putting a Skyline GTR badge on anything but. It's just wrong and it does injustice to the original car. As far as price goes, it's deffinately not cheap, I dropped 3500 on my new M engine alone and another 3000 for the tranny and shifter assembly. This price doesn't include all of the little stuff that you are going to need either. So, as far as the conversion, it is deffinately do-able, but it takes money to get it right and buying cheap parts isn't going to make your journey towards having a M-LIKE car any easier.

#10 ·
hey Furious...i dont get it. You are saying shit to the original poster of this topic that he shouldnt make his car something that it is not. Am I correct? So why is it that in your list of "mods" you have...m3 sideskirts, m3font clip, and m3 this and that? Just curious. That doesnt make any sense to me man. Put on an original 325IS splitter or something if you dont want to be copying anything? Right...yeah.

#11 ·
You wont see the words M3 all over furious car or the m3 badge.... thats the difference.... cuz hes not sayings its a m3, u can put a body kit on any car, dosent make it a diff car, until u start lying n telling people it is, with false advertising....

#12 ·
What is with people and their kits? All I ever hear is why do you wanna try and make a car look like something that it's not and then the first thing that people go out and buy is some rediculous kit. Leave the car stock for freaks sake. Bimmers are so aggressive anyways and last time I checked body kits didn't add HP. Instead of spending money on something that is useless, why not not spend it on something that is going to increase your chance of winning on the street. As for your comment Mr. YNGRVP, last time I checked I really don't have the money for the M3 that I want, so for me the 8500 is reasonsable. It's just me. But like I said in another post never will you here me say my car is an M3 nor will you see and M3 badges. Yes, I do have an M badge on it, but that is because it is an Mpowered car now and in about two days it will be getting is Dinan tattoo due to a couple of "goodies for the kiddies" That just happened to end up under my hood. As for everyone else, it's your freakin car man. Do what you want. This board is nothing but everyones personal opinions so there for they all just suggestions. Although ricey is ricey do what you what you like. As long as your are keeping it real and not trying to bullshit someone you my man will be all right. Peace And Love......I'm Out!!!

#13 ·
Originally posted by Chakdey@Jun 6 2004, 10:10 PM
Many people believe the 1994 BMW 325 I looks similar to the BMW M3. I want to change my cars looks so it looks like the m3.
If you want your ride to look like an M3, you can spend your money on whatever you like. It's your privledge as an American.

That being said, it would be like me changing the badge on my ride to the 545i and swapping out my rims for the stock 545 rims. By looking, no one will really know. However, when I start it up, the people who do know these things will laugh and the people who don't know about these things really aren't worth impressing.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, but spending a couple of hundred bucks may get you a kinda M3 look(including the badge) that may impress the unknowing but you will always know that you're lying and the BMW afficionados will likely give you a sneer.

But hey, it's your money. Personally I would put the money into the suspension/tires/rims first. Then some engine/exhaust add ons. Then a great sound system. Then some clears. Then you'll have an excellent looking, great handling, easy breathing and great sounding ride.

For all of you who want an M3, here's a link to several M3's for sale for less than $12k. One with around 52k miles. Why not have an original with a real M3 badge?

Good luck.

#14 ·
put a euro-spec m3 engine
put euro-spec m3 6-speed
put an m-teknic body kit on it
change the suspension to full coil-overs
change the seats
and you might be able to put the badge on it it is not worth it... jsut go out and buy an m3 if you want one. no matter what you do, people will be able to tell if it is not an m3 and you will be a joke

#15 ·
Originally posted by docrobot@Jun 7 2004, 03:13 AM
I have a '92 325i myself, and I would rather have the M3 Engine and Suspension, than the M3 look. :driving

If it is possible to have a sleeper Bimmer, I want it! :thumbs

Posers need not apply... :sick
Sleeper BMWs all the way. The '92 is actually the closest engine (besides the actual M) out of all the 325s. PM me if you want some more info. People are probably getting sick of hearing me say it.

Kevin

#20 ·
I have a 328is, which was the closest thing to an M3 back then and I asked about converting the look to an M3 also when I first got it. A lot of people told me the same things and advice. I took it. Although BMW officially released the M-sport package for the 328 in later years, I still didn't go for that look. A lot of people complimented me for the car, despite it not being an M3 because I just kept it clean and put some nice wheels on it. In fact it's all still stock except for the wheels and the cross bar over the engine. I love it. It handles like a freakin go-kart and it's not cheapened by non authentic kits. Also, don't be one of those people bimmer owners laugh at on the street when they see your car (especially real M3 owners) and point out all the inaccuracies of trying to be an M3. Just enjoy the engineering already put and designed into it. Don't rice up the Ultimate Driving Machine. The autobahn designers in Dingolfing, Germany never meant for these things to be riced up.

#21 ·
Man who gives a shit! If someone wants to make their car look like crap, then by all means do so. If you want to put a MBZ logo on your BMW, go right ahead captain! Personally, I really don't know why everyone is so against making their e36 look like an M3. Regardless whether it was an M3 or not, your still pimpin the bmw. Anyways, what would you all say the ratio is of people out there that can distinguish an M3 from the other 3's that are fixed up? probably real low. Noobie guy, go ahead and pimp your ride to look like an M3 and post pics up so we can see what you've done.

Can anyone guess if the pic below is an M3 or not???

Attachments

#22 ·
I can guess that that car is pimp as hell.... if ya want to do shit to your car to imitate a M3 go ahead... it will look nice and people will give u a congrats on the nice looking car as long as you distinguish it as a 325.... if you pose and argue its a M3 thats when people will call you a ...........

-Mark

#24 ·
I'd have to agree with everyone man. I have a 95 325i and I just put on a m3 lsd and tranny with clutch and m3 brakes. But I'm keeping my car look like a standard 325. I'm going to put in a m3 engine in a month or two but still keeping it stock. If you want to impress people, leave it stock and blow them away with what's not seen under the hood. that's what I'm doing.

#26 ·
I dont have a problem with people converting cars, but if your going to do it, go all out. Do not get just the body kit and then label your car an m3, that's just rediculous. And definatly don't pay $30 to do it. BAH! Be smarter then that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.