I found a 328ic that I am interested in for my wife. It's a white on grey 97 with 80k. I took it for a spin last night and wanted to get a laundry list of things to look for before I make an offer. Any contibution would be appreciated. Thanks!!!
afew other random questions...
* where can I find a hard top? I have search the web for hours and can't find em'. how much are they? (I know they are pretty freakin' expensive)
* The AC doesn't blow cold. When I asked the owner they said they knew, and said BMW said it was not just a simple refill to fix, and said they were quoted 1000$. Does that make sense? What needs to be done?
* Car has been stored for last 8 mts (very weathy owners who travel) When I drove the car the check engine lights and air bag light illuminated. Common? Possile causes? MAF on check engine probably?
* Some places on the side rocker pannel were unsnpped from the body. How ever the tabs did not look broken. Common? Fixable?
* car is a "CI", the top looked pristine, are they reliable?
* other things to look for?
also I plan on putting 18" z8 wheels on it. Anyone with a pick of a 92-99 3 series with z8 wheels please post!
Thank you x 10 in advanced from the new guy.