Hi. I'm looking at a pristine 318is, 1993, 5 speed, German version. It belongs to one of my partners and only has 20000 original miles on it. He has used his car basically to drive 4 miles every day, which separate his home and our office. He is selling it because he just bought a new 525i and doesn't need the 318is. The car has always been garaged and serviced by a certified BMW dealer. 4 years ago he had to replace a cylinder head gasket and a couple of months ago, the fuel pump.
The only thing that needs to be fixed is the MPG dial which paint is flaking away and obstructing the needle. Also, it only has the stock radio/cassette player without CD changer. Tire are brand new Dunlops and it has the stock 15" alloy wheels.
I have the following questions:
1. What should I check before buying this car?
2. Any repairs I could expect in the near future?
3. How can I fix the MPG dial? I could buy some white dials kit, but I'm not really convinced with how they would look. I prefer to keep the car stock.
4. What kind of CD changer should I get if I keep the original radio/cassette player? Cost?
5. Any suggestions regarding upgrades (CAI, chip, etc.)?
Thanks in advance.