Looking at 1992 Black 325i with 148k for $6k - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2004, 06:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
TMaxxTim is an unknown quantity at this point
There's a pretty nice used car dealership where I live. Its in a higher end community (not to brag, just trying to give you an idea of who I'm dealing with). They have a 1992 BMW 325i for $6000, It was originally $6500 but I got her to drop it $500. It looks really nice, has good tires on it, drives real nice and nothing really wrong with it other than a few minor minor dings and a tear in the black leather on the drivers seat (they will fix).

I looked at KBB and it says $4400 private party and $6200 for Retail price.

I'm having a real hard time finding any other cars like this in my area, I found one that is a stick with the same miles (this one's auto) and its $8k!!

The other cars I'm looking at are a
93 LS 400 for $6500
96 Mercedes C280 for $6500

I like the handling on this car, but I like the raw power on the lex, and I haven't test driven the Mercedes yet.

Just wanted to know your thoughts on this if you had this kind of a price range and were looking at these cars. I was hoping I could get it to $5500 but it doesn't really look possible now.

Thanks for any help or advice.
TMaxxTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2004, 11:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
BmrOwnr96 is an unknown quantity at this point
As far as the price of the Bimmer...it's OK, not a great deal, maybe even a little high with that mileage (Why does that word look funny?).

I've searched and researched bimmers for 2 years before I finally picked a 96' 328is coupe with 120,000 and I payed $10,000 last year...again maybe a little high, but like I said I drove a dozen different 3 series (some cheaper, some more expensive). NONE of the others drove and felt like this one, so I had to jump on it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't rush it...if it feels right then go for it...if you have to hesitate and think about it, then now is not the time. Good luck with your decision.
BmrOwnr96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 11:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
These 325i's are hard to find around here. I found the red one but its a manual. Me, being 17, would like a manual but my dad doesn't because he says if anybody else ever needs to drive it they couldn't...

The thing is that I'm not really attached to this car yet. I still really like the Lex for its nicer and comfier black interior and more space, but yet that is a bigger car. I really need to take both of them out for a longer test drive.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
theogill is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to theogill
6K for a 92 with 148K is a lot in my opinion. Wait for the right one, and get it checked out before you buy it. The C280 sounds like a decent deal if it doesn't have a ton of miles on it.
Have fun--Lexus has a bigger back seat... :P
Old 09-02-2004, 06:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
What sort of price would you expect to see that in $4500-$5250?

I think the lex would hold its resale for $6500 in the long run more just because of the condition its in, and everybody that wants the 1st gen LS, wants a 1993. I saw one in the paper just like the one at this dealership for $11,000. If I don't like it in a year I can always trade it in for about the same amount.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
theogill is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to theogill
yeah, around4-5K. Worth the extra 100 bucks to get checked out.
Ted
sounds like you're leaning toward the lexus. not a beemer, but wont have as many issues either...
Old 09-02-2004, 09:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Let me give you some background. I'm 17 and this will be my second car, right now I'm driving a 1992 Honda Accord...POS. Not do dis accords or hondas but this one has had a long and good life and its just time to move on.

I like the BMW because after my first test drive, I truly see it is a Driver's car.

However the Lex I like just for more of the convenience features and its bigger space.

I really never even considered this BMW til the lady told me it was a 92 and it was the same price. I looked inside and originally thought it was a 96 or older and that there was no way I could afford it.

I really think I'd be happy end the end either way I go, so I've been asking people on both Lex and BMW forums what they think, but I also think this is a decision I'll be like "damn what if I had that other car" I'm just one of those people thats a "what if..."

Thx for the help, I'll see if I can get them down some more on the bimmer. I want to take both however and give them a hard run through their paces to see how they hold up, not only in current condition, but how fun to drive!

BTW: Forgot to add this bimmer has an aftermarket exhaust on it. Didn't get under to look and see what kind, but it purrs very nicely on startup and I really didn't notice excessive noice inside the car when driving it. I've heard that the BMW's and Lexus's exhaust system is pretty restricing, is it?

I know Hondas are pretty free-flowing to start with so aftermarket doesn't really help much on them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)