BMW Werkz banner

Locks..

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  someguy 
#1 · (Edited)
How are my locks supposed to work?

Push the drivers side lock down and they all go down right?

If i push my driversside lock down they all go down then come back up, then if i do it again they will stay down, same thing if i use my alarm system remote..

#4 ·
catalyst. said:
Well its done it since i bought the car.. its not really a problem, i just have to push the remote button twice. The main thing is if i was ever in need to lock my doors while at a stop or something, i wouldnt be able to..

hahaha.. whats that mean?
u gunna get car-jacked.... lol sorry, i just thought that was funny!

what about the button that locks the doors?

#5 ·
You guys have a button to lock the door? Well that's a bit unfair...

On my car if the driver door is closed but any others are open and i push down on the lock then the whole car locks, just whatever is open stays unlocked. If the driver door is open then it bounces back up. But if the passenger door is open and I push down on the lock it stays down...is there something wrong with my passenger door lock?

#6 ·
Sk1d said:
Locks bouncing??? Normally a sign you've left a door or the trunk open and tried to lock the car. Other possibility is that 1 of the latch microswitches is beginning to fail.

Might be worth a look...:thumbs
+1 for that. I would guess it is a switch/latch/sensor in one of your doors or trunk isn't working correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.