BMW Werkz banner

Locks

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Q_BMW 
#1 ·
For the past few days, I have been noticing, mostly in the morning, that my passenger side door hasnt been locking or comes unlocked.
For example, when i am about to go to school, my sister opens the door before i go to unlock them. it seems that either the door sometimes doesnt lock, or it comes unlocked. anyone know anything about this?

#2 ·
could be a few things, could first be your micro switch is going. its on the male part of the lock (on the frame not the door, its a little black switch) or it could be your door pins are starting to go and it causes the door to not close properly and thus the microswitch could be missing the proper contact.

#3 ·
I have seen a couple of different things with this issue. I have seen the door lock acuator lock and unlock a door by it's self. Also i've seen the door latch it's self get kinda sticky inside causing the acuator to randomly lock or unlock the door. I would first start with spraying a little silicone in all of the door latches and the trunk latch. hope this helps

#5 ·
i had the same problem, i didnt do anything, infact autocrossed it a few times and the locks began working fine......weird.....but worked!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.