BMW Werkz banner

Locks

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  bigred318 
#1 ·
My rear passenger side lock doesn't lock and unlock. I have to manually pull the lock up and down. What should i look at replacing? And does anyone know what it might cost?

#4 ·
I had the same problem with my driver's side door. It was my door lock actuator - $80 from BMW. It also caused locking problems with my factory alarm. (the locks would lock immediately after you unlock them and vice versa)

#5 ·
Had the problem once on my old car. I took the panneling off and found it was a bad connection. The wire wasn't touching, so 10 min later with a sauldering iron and I fixed the problem. That's just one possibility...

#7 ·
Originally posted by camnipotent@Apr 26 2004, 04:20 PM
Had the problem once on my old car. I took the panneling off and found it was a bad connection. The wire wasn't touching, so 10 min later with a sauldering iron and I fixed the problem. That's just one possibility...
I hope that is what my problem is. It works every now and then, so to me it sounds like a bad connection, but even if I have to replace that actuator for $80 it's not that bad. The alarm functions flawlessly.
Do you have to have a special tool to remove the power mirror switch, or can you remove it with other normal hand tools?

#9 ·
It wouldn't hurt. It might not be the problem though but you won't know unless you try. It worked for me.

#11 ·
Originally posted by 123NotIt@Apr 26 2004, 04:12 PM
I had the same problem with my driver's side door. It was my door lock actuator - $80 from BMW. It also caused locking problems with my factory alarm. (the locks would lock immediately after you unlock them and vice versa)
gotta love those spendy parts from the bmw dealership! haha but yeah 123 love you car! you got PM

DAvid

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.