Leather repair HELP - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 01:03 AM
3rd Gear Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
camnipotent is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to camnipotent Send a message via MSN to camnipotent
(Thread Starter)
Yo yo. I got a problem. My friend works for a news station and I was helping him move his camera. If you don't know, they come in these huge ass cases. So, I put it in my back seat and while I was driving, the case slid to the other side of the seat. That wasn't a big deal, but the top corner scratched my leather. Not too bad. It would be similar to getting the edge of a dime and pulling across the leather. Anyway, I wanted to see if there was any type of leather repair product out there that you guys know about that will save my beautiful seats. I have the beige leaher and need the advice. Thanks.

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>1998 BMW 323is Coupe, Black
Manual
18&quot; M3 Hyper Silver Rims
2 12&quot; Rockford Fosgate Subs; Sealed
1.0 Farad Capacitor
800 Watt 2-Way Rockford Fosgate Amplifier</span></span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 01:18 AM
WOT in Reverse

jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
Well it depends. If it is a minor scratch, I would buy a bottle of Lexol leather cleaner and a bottle of Lexol leather conditioner and go to work. For more severe damage get a repair kit from Woolies (I think it is www.woolies-trim.co.uk)

#3 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 07:33 AM
3rd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
I don't think it is too bad. The problem is that it is about 5 inches long. So frustrating.... I'll check it out. I looked last night online for some repair kits and they are all the type where you have to mix colors up and they are way to "made for TV." I just want something that works on all colors that I can maybe just rub in.

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>1998 BMW 323is Coupe, Black
Manual
1.0 Farad Capacitor
#4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 10:08 AM
WOT in Reverse

jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute jllphan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jllphan
Man that sucks. You almost wish it was bad, so you really had to do something about it. Lexol is what i use religously to maintain my leather, I will argue that it is the single best leather treatment out there (I have tried all of the others) It is great for treating cracks and stuff, the only thing is, you usually only find it at a tack shop (horse stuff).
That woolies company which the actual link is (HERE) , is a product that a Bimmer Magazine did a big story on. In one of my older issues (08.01), they restored a pair of ///M6 seats and the pictures make look like that stuff is gold (they say it will fix anything). They recomend they recomend the renovation kit #2.

#5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 11:45 AM
3rd Gear Member

(Thread Starter)
Smile

When I say frustrating, I mean that the seats were NEVER used in the car I bought. They looked brand new and the fact that I scratched them p's me off. I noticed it last night when I got into my car. The good thing is that during the day you have to look for it to see it. However, when my dome light is on it casts enough downward light that the shadow of the scratch is more obvious. That Woolies stuff isn't some kind of synthetic rubber/leather liquid is it? I just don't understand why they need the color unless they have to make some kind of patch liquid. JESUS. If only I had put a coat or something over that damn case........... ghead ghead ghead ghead ghead ghead ghead ghead

Manual
1.0 Farad Capacitor
#6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 03:34 PM
Defector

El Presidente is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to El Presidente
Take out the seat cand work on it inside...day and night. I plan too while mine are out of the car.

<span style='color:gray'><span style='font-family:Courier'>1995 e36 3 Series RIP
1999 e46 3 Series BURN IN HELL
2000 MR-S Roadster= Current</span></span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)