BMW Werkz banner

Keyless Entry

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Steve530 
#1 ·
I just purchased my 98 323is from a used car dealership this weekend. I was given 2 keys and neither of them seem to operate the keyless entry which it was said to have. I looked in the trunk and on the left side it says that "this car is pre wired for BMW 6 cd, BMW cell phone, and BMW security/keyless entry." I was wondering, if i were to buy a keyless entry remote off ebay or something would I be able to program it? Does anyone know what I would need to do. any help is appreciated.

#2 ·
Mine wasn't working either when I got it. I tried changing the battery, and everything, but nothing. Bought one off ebay for 20.00 and it works perfectly. If you need the intialization instructions, let me know.

#4 ·
Originally posted by 007ben@Oct 4 2004, 10:46 PM
ya try initaliztion of the keys.
[snapback]204959[/snapback]​
Thats the thing, i have one key that has the light on it when you press the button and the other key must be a valet key. Because the trunk says wired for bmw sercurity/keyless entry does that mean that i can buy a keyless remote and program it?

#9 ·
My son has a 98 323is with wireless entry. The remote is not on the key. It is a small 1.25" square key fob with 2 buttons IIRC. The alarm box is under the glove box on top of the panel above the passenger footwell. Look there for a smal box with wires connected and a small, loose antenna wire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.