BMW Werkz banner

K, a few pics and query for advice

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Spook 
#1 ·
Here's a link to a few pics I took of the '92 318I I got recently...

http://dgfleet.com/bmw/bmw.html

Now, here are a few questions I have for you gurus. :)

I'm still looking for anyone who has seen these wheels before. If someone has, mind posting what they are? Also, what do you guys think of them? They're a bit bling-bling for my tastes, but they do seem to fit the car somehow.

I need to get either a voltage regulator or an alternator before I do the clear corners and upgrade to the ZKW Ellipsoid lights w/angeleyes (due to cash concerns right now). Logically, wouldn't it serve to replace the voltage reg whether I get (or even need) a new alternator, anyway? I assume it's one of those parts wise to replace every so often for the sake of preventative maintenance...

On the lights: I plan on getting the ZKWs from Umnitza, but is there one type better than any others for the clear corners? I realize that may seem a stupid question, but I'm mostly concerned about proper fit, durability, etc. I know most would look the same.

Same question about clear corners goes for certain brands/types of foglights (which I know I need to complete the good look I'm going for). I've found many online, and some people posting here mentioning their own, but I haven't noted anyone commenting on durability outright.

Thanks in advance for all helpful replies!

See less See more
#3 ·
For the lights, ZKW are OEM. Can't go wrong. as for sidemarkers, I also suggest OE, or at least OE style. The OE have the best fit and aren't made of cheap materials. I bought cheap ones at first, and then the clip broke one day for no reason and I had the light fly out while on the interstate.

#7 ·
Definately get ZKWs for headlight replacement or Depots if you don't want to spend that much. The Chrome rims gotta go! They dont match the subtle gray exterior of the car.

I have this peeve about Chrome on anything but toaters and 2004 Escalades. It's a tired mod that is on the way out the door.

Nice Car though! I could'nt tell in the pics but also window tints would hook it up!
And I've seen grey/white BMW trunk and hood badges on ebay that may look good if you want to replace the badges already on the car.

Good Luck!

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.