BMW Werkz banner

Just bought my first BMW!

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  jimwww 
#1 ·
Hello all! Two weeks ago I purchased my first BMW. It's a 1995 325is, Boston green, tan leather interior. So far, I've been browsing the forums and finding out the subtle nuances of this model, and decided to start an account!

So far, it only has a couple of problems, limited to the seat heaters...
But I do have this phantom gas gauge problem... while I'm driving, the gauge will intermittently cut out. It comes back eventually, though. I did replace the fuel sender unit, thinking that might be the problem, but it didn't seem to help. Any suggestions?

#4 ·
When I got my car a year ago, my entire cluster would ocassionally cut off and come back on. I got a new clustered reprogrammed and put on at a dealership.
Hope you dont have to replace you whole cluster.
Q

#5 ·
It's got 75,000 miles on it.

I'm really hoping that the cluster won't need replacement - ~$700 from the dealer... ouch. :deal

On a side note, does anybody know of any stereo head units that are compatible with the factory 6-disc changer, or am I pretty much SOL?

P.S. Steve325is - Those wheels look great!

#8 ·
Congrats.. I got my green one three weeks ago.. (black int)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.