just bought a e36 got some questions - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 07:10 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
4inPWR is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
just bought a e36 got some questions

1. My air conditioning works fine in the middle vents ( face ) but if i put it on auto or feet or windshield the air comes out hot out of those vents?

2. I've noticed a ton of brake dust on my rims after every time I drive it. I believe when I bought it, the guy said they are new pads. Could this be the reason why they leave so much dust or is it because they are very cheap quality?

3. It came with a stock BMW alarm. Most of the time it has the generic beep to it when I lock it and unlock it but every once in a while it makes some digital sounding beeps?

4. Does the alarm have a sensitivity sensor that I could turn up? It never goes off if I hit the tires or the body or anything?

Thanks in advance, 4inPWR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 06:14 AM
Neutral Member

Criminal is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats. for the new E36

Regarding the alarm, you can check it's unit that is located under the glove box comp.
And I don't think that you can Increase the sensitivity of it. If it's important to u then u can install a sensitive aftermarket one.
#3 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 12:48 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
tx

tx for help. much appreciated
#4 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 03:54 PM
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute thekid has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4inPWR
1. My air conditioning works fine in the middle vents ( face ) but if i put it on auto or feet or windshield the air comes out hot out of those vents?

2. I've noticed a ton of brake dust on my rims after every time I drive it. I believe when I bought it, the guy said they are new pads. Could this be the reason why they leave so much dust or is it because they are very cheap quality?

3. It came with a stock BMW alarm. Most of the time it has the generic beep to it when I lock it and unlock it but every once in a while it makes some digital sounding beeps?

4. Does the alarm have a sensitivity sensor that I could turn up? It never goes off if I hit the tires or the body or anything?

Thanks in advance, 4inPWR

For the brakes, every BMW is like that. On my M I get thick lines of brake dust everytime I drive it, but then again I do actually drive the car, so it is to be expected. It can be worse or better depending on what kind of wheels you have on the car.

For the alarm, no sensitivity, but that is a good thing. You don't want it going off every time something taps it or a truck goes by. It may also be the case that you don't have the alarm, but just keyless entry.

For the AC, does it only blow hot when you change the setting? For example, will it blow cool after 5-10 seconds? If not, you might have something stuck in the vent system. Does it make any strange noises when you change the settings? On mine, when I hit the recycle air button the AC cuts out for several seconds and it blows warm, then back to normal.
#5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 07:13 PM
3rd Gear Member

Kissner is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Kissner
Congrats! I had a huge break dust problem, i just replaced my pads with high quality ceramic pads and i had very minimal break dust. As for the alarm, my best advice is to just have it replaced. For a few hundred dollars you can have an aftermarket alarm professionally installed. I messed around with my factory alarm for a few weeks before i finally gave up and just had a new one installed
#6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 01:42 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
no weird sounds for ac

nothing that i can hear sounds weird it just simply won't blow anything but hot air through the windshield or feet vents, even if ac is been running for like 20 minutes on face mode blowin out cold air
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)