BMW Werkz banner

Jackpoints?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Furious 
#1 ·
Hello to all, first post here...

I've got a '94 325, and am wondering what are some good solid places on the car that I can lift using a floor jack, or that would be able to use jack stands on?

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
I bought a set of ramps from autozone to drive my car up on to do anywork. it's easy, safe, and I really like it... but if you don't use the factory jack spots which are on the sideskirts, you can jack it up near the front lower suspensions bushing mounts, theres a huge chassis brace there that goes across under the motor. It is rock solid if you can get a jack underthere. otherwise, I have not tried anything else..

#4 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the welcome!

Are you saying the cross member is strong enough to hold the weight of the front end? I had seen it and wanted to try it, but I was afraid it wasn't meant to support so much weight and would end up bent in some way. But you have used that spot yourself?

I've got a small set of ramps, can't be more than 6-8 inches high, but I was trying to drive up on them last night and they kept scooting across the floor on me, (and I know better than think my wife is going to help with this). So my hope was to have a center lifting spot, then put the ramps underneath.

What I'm doing is replacing a bent end-link for the front anti-sway bar, (I know BMW calls both of those pieces something else) and it needs to have weight on it when I do it.

I guess I could just go ahead and try it, and watch closely as I'm doing it and watch for trouble!

I'm going to also further check where Furious suggested as a solid place for the floor jack.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.