BMW Werkz banner

Intake install ? and sparkplug ??

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Eggrolled211 
#1 ·
:D I just recently custom modified my stock intake a aftermarket filter etc. but then I notice somesort of sensor that connects to the lower portion of the stock intake box...what is that sensor? is it important? I know its a sensor of some sort but it has no holes on it etc. whats it measuring? I just prop it up with some riptie etc. near the intake but still like to know if this is okay? you guys that have put aftermarket intake or filter on what did you do with it...cut it off or what? Also I was planning on changing the sparkplugs etc. but WHERE IS THE DAMM THING! is it under the engine? do I need to remove the plastic valve cover? I've change many sparkplugs B4 but this is my first E36...anyhow thanks in advance for you help fellas I'lll appreciated it...... :goodness:

#3 ·

This is what you are talking about.......

Well if it is that is the air tempature sensor......you can go ahead and pull it out.....i do not know if you need it or not thought....

#4 ·
thanks for the sparkplug ??....and NO thats not the sensor im talkin about. I still kept the airsensor etc.....this sensor im talking about is on the stock airfilter box. its being held on with a bolt. if you remove the stock intake B4 then you'll know what I mean....the sensor is connected to 2 rubber tubes

#6 ·
i believe that the sensor your talking about is some sort of air altitude sensor, i honestly dont remember, but its ok if its not installed into the intake, lots of people have theirs out, me included.

sparkplugs are located under the engine cover, you have to remove the ignition coils to get to them.

#7 ·
thanks asio and furious...yeah when looked closely its the one just above the alternator...I kept mine off and so did you guys too huh. so its harmless...okay thanks fellas I appreciated it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.