BMW Werkz banner

Installing Conforti Chip Tomorrow

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  bigred318 
#1 ·
I just bought the conforti chip and am going to be installing it within the next couple fo days(whenever i get the chance to pull the car out of the cold). I have run my tank down to the last gallon and am switching over to 91 octane. Is there anything else I should do, ie fuel additives? I am sure I shouldn't have any problems with it, but wanted to know if it may be a good idea to use some of the stp fuel injector cleaner or anything along those lines.

#3 ·
yup installed mine a few months back , what i did was make sure i had 92 octane in, and then followed directions haha take out ecu blah blah blah Some things to make sure you do 1) make sure the indent on the chip goes the same way the stock one did (you will see what im saying) and 2) i used a demagnatized screwdriver while taking my chip out, just because magnets ecu i dont like the mix haha

oh yeah when installing the new chip you CAN NOT bend any prongs line it up perfectly (get to eye level with her) make sure all the pins are going in and then snap it in. put it back together and go push your car to the new 7grand rev limit!

David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.