BMW Werkz banner

Installing Cai Kit And Have A Question

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  93 325i 
#1 ·
Ok i got my kit today from Fedex and it pretty sweet. I was a little disapointed with the glaze on the Carbon fiber pipe, there were some spots that wernt all filled and so some spots had little divites in them. But its not really that bad i just like shit to be perfect. Ok to the question, I have everthing installed and bolted down and im pretty much ready to start it up. But theres one thing that the instructions dont really touch on and thats the air temp sensor that was attached to the old air box with a 10mm bolt. It seems that they want me attach the sensor to the outside of the heat sheild with the provided zip tie. I would of though that that sensor should be inside the heat sheild to measure the air temp going into the intake. There is no hole that was pre cut for the sensor to stick into the shield. What did you guys with your sensor when you installed your Conforti intake? thanks in advance.
94 325is

#2 ·
Originally posted by benji84@Apr 9 2005, 08:01 PM
Ok i got my kit today from Fedex and it pretty sweet. I was a little disapointed with the glaze on the Carbon fiber pipe, there were some spots that wernt all filled and so some spots had little divites in them. But its not really that bad i just like shit to be perfect. Ok to the question, I have everthing installed and bolted down and im pretty much ready to start it up. But theres one thing that the instructions dont really touch on and thats the air temp sensor that was attached to the old air box with a 10mm bolt. It seems that they want me attach the sensor to the outside of the heat sheild with the provided zip tie. I would of though that that sensor should be inside the heat sheild to measure the air temp going into the intake. There is no hole that was pre cut for the sensor to stick into the shield. What did you guys with your sensor when you installed your Conforti intake? thanks in advance.
94 325is
[snapback]329192[/snapback]​
My K&N has a place in the heatshield to install the sensor. I'm with you, I think it should be installed in the air stream. Maybe a call To Conforti? May not really make a difference.

#3 ·
Originally posted by tomctx+Apr 9 2005, 04:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tomctx @ Apr 9 2005, 04:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-benji84@Apr 9 2005, 08:01 PM
94 325is
[snapback]329192[/snapback]​
My K&N has a place in the heatshield to install the sensor. I'm with you, I think it should be installed in the air stream. Maybe a call To Conforti? May not really make a difference.
[snapback]329204[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

I can always just use a knock out to make a nice neat whole if i end up putting it in side the heat shield.

Just took her for a spin and it sounds pretty sweet, nice deep growl when you get on it. Seems to be a little more peppy but its hard to tell. But theres not doubt that its way better then the stock box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.