BMW Werkz banner

if i get angel eyes, do i need hids?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Cruzin 323is 
#1 ·
i heard angel eyes make your headlights brighter, but is it even comparable to getting a full HID kit?

people have been telling me to not get anything above 8000k on hids, is this just for bmw? because ive seen 8000k on other cars and it looks ok, don't you guys think anything below 8000k is too weak?

#3 ·
angel eyes are mostly a cosmetic mod, they dont ussually add much to the brightness of the light's except i have seen a few like lava lighting angel eyes are bright as hell! you can see themin the daylight! but yeah 8000k does not have to do with the brightness of the light... that is the color of the light in the colorspectrum... for the brightest light you realalistically want to aim somwhere between 4000k and 5000k... that will be your whitest and brightest light, any higher it will turn it bluer/purpler and you will begin to loss the brightness so that is why people dont sugest going that high as it will only distort your vision when driving rather then acctually brighten it up...

for the initial question, no you do NOT need hids when you get angel eyes, you can simply get normal bulbs for them... if you want the brightest light thuogh then theres nothingbetter then a good set of hids, which if you have the money, IMO is a good investment...

#5 ·
wesmyth said:
What does everyone think about Sylvania Silverstar bulbs instead of getting an HID setup?
they are whiter and brighter then the stock bulbs, but nothing can even come close to the power of hid's they are simply the best there is... hopefully soon you cats will see some pics of a drop of my car and maybe some hids in the near future... we'll see...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.