BMW Werkz banner

I Want More Gains!!!

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  iamcreepingdeath 
#1 ·
hey wsup guys...is what other way is the best way to get power to the wheels without going turbo or supercharger.....im only running intake and a Dinan chip....i know headers and exhaust would bring it up also but is there anything else....?? tell me what you guys suggest....

#7 ·
weren't you going to do an engine swap? Instead of asking us a lot of questions about stuff you will not spend the money on doing just tell us how much money you can/will spend. If you are going to do cams you should have done the ecu last. If you do swap cams you should get the ecu reprogramed to actually get the gains from the cams. Do you still have your stock chip to put back in when you mail your ecu off to reprogram?

#8 ·
yea i still have it.....and yes i was going to do the swap but, i guess i got to excited and found out the wiring harness that came with motor was no good and we brought my motor out and everything i was so excited and ready for it...but, the mechanic called and said..." Paul, we have a problem..." sighs..so i swapped the M52 back in and now the S52 is sitting in the garage and im thinking about building the S52 but having the M52 put some power out also....so, while im waiting to get another set of the wiring harness..i figured i should built the M52 then later on swap the S52 and then rebuilt the M52 and keep it as a back up cause i want the original motor still....but i am going to use the S52....oh and as of right now im willing to spend 1800.00 then im saving all the other money for later...

I WAS SO HAPPY WHEN I SAW IT COME OUT THE CRATE OF THE TRUCK...BUT SO MAD WHEN I FOUND OUT ALL THE WIRING WAS JACKED UP....!!!

#9 ·
here's what you should do: sell your 325, and sell your S52 motor. You can get like maybe $5000 for your 325 (if its in really good condition) and maybe $2000 from your S52 motor. Then you will also have that $1800 you said you had, and put together, you will have $8800 which is more than enough to just buy a 95-99 M3.

That way, you will have an s52 motor in your car stock, and you will have the rest of the M3, which pretty much embodies already all of the upgrades you were planning to do to your 325 anyway.

my philosophy: why upgrade a 325 to get it closer to an M3 when you can just buy an M3 and start upgrading from there.

#14 · (Edited)
thanks iamcreepingdeath...but im not going to sell my car....it's my first bmw i bought and i did so much work to it already and if im going to put more money into it why would i sell it...the point is that, once you start something, you dont just let it go and im not going to let my 325 go..I spent to much and i want to keep it so people could see that, its not just about how fast or clean my car is...its about how much time and effort i put into it...

#17 ·
^ yep i know how you feel My benz wasn't "worth" putting the effort I have into it money vs gain wise BUT it had sentamental value and so it in my eye was worth it... which seems to be how you feel about your 325 it isnt REALLY the gain it is the journey(but the gain is nice too;))

#20 ·
Nope aslong as you keep the rest of the exhaust... sugest just moving to a Magniflow Hi-flow Unit... I like mine:D

#21 ·
is this 1800 including th labor or are you doing all the labor yourself?

What i would do is...

BimmerWorld Shopping Cart
(the link i was talking about is the power kit, not the sunbelt cam, if you had thousands to play with i would say go with the sunbelts)

sell off the chip you have right now and ethier buy some lighter wheels, a lighter flywheel or do an exhaust upgrade with the money you have left over.

If you have any left over also look into a 540 hfm , and even simple stuff like changing your oil with royal purple, and seafoaming your engine to clean it up and find any lost hp.

there are alot of options to go. Cams are going to give you the biggest gain for your buck, which in your case instead of buying directly from bimmerworld you may want to try and source your own used m3 cams to save some money. Look into the cams from an s50, they seem to have a pretty good power band for your engine.

Keep in mind DO NOT buy any chips or anything to program your car until you have finished all of the mods. What i would do is buy a chip from turnermotorsports. Just tell them what kind of mods you have and they will write a chip up to match your mods the best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.