i took my car to mechanic - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2003, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
p3rsian is an unknown quantity at this point
hey
as some of you might know i just bought a bmw 95 318ic 75k for 6k. anyways this car was salvaged and i was soo excited when i test drove the car that i just bought it. didnt even take it to a mechanic . ghead
anyways i take it to my mechanic a good year place , anyways i ask for a inspection on everything and a oil change . and yes i took it for a inspection after i bought it.
anyways the manager there was like a hugeee bmw fan. he was like "yea i have m3 and a 325" bmw's rule.
anyways hes like ill take a personal look at it too.
so the guy like takes off the wheels and i see like 3 mechanics looking at the rotors. i found out that the guy said that these rotors are really expensive. all i know is they had like circular lines in them. so the guy checks it and he was suprised cuz he couldnt find anything bent at all. i was told from the guy i bought it that the car was hit in the front but no severe. he told me the radiotor wasnt even damaged. this was confirmed from the mechanic guy he said it was hit in the front right side cuz 1 part of the front (not mechanical) was changed. anyways he was like man you got this for a good deal !
the manager was so cool . he was like yea i hooked u up a little man , ask for me whenever you come here. he was like yea i put some coolant for you , fuel injector cleaner , air filter and more stuff for free !!!
everything is great about my car , just that the speakers suck !
anyways i know i should have took it to a mechanic before i bought it but im soooo happy now !!
i love me bimmer
p3rsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2003, 11:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
CyPHER is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats...you really have to own one to appreciate one. That's why I own two.
CyPHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 03:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Scarface is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Scarface
Quote:
Originally posted by CyPHER@Nov 26 2003, 12:02 PM
Congrats...you really have to own one to appreciate one. That's why I own two.
After owning my 1st bimmer, I don't see myself ever going back to Honda's etc...In fact when I pay this bimmer off I am gonna keep it and go out and get what I wanted in the first place, an e30 m3!!!
Old 11-27-2003, 04:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Hehe...I had a riced-up Civic and Acura before. The difference is just huge in terms of quality. The good thing about the Ac was that it was very reliable...but the Bimmer isn't far behind IMO. All of the stuff that has gone wrong on the BMWs can be attributed to lack of maintenance own the previous owner's part. Overall since I got the first and threw a little money it's way it has been the definition of reliability.
Old 11-27-2003, 01:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Scarface is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Scarface
Quote:
Originally posted by CyPHER@Nov 27 2003, 05:28 AM
Hehe...I had a riced-up Civic and Acura before. The difference is just huge in terms of quality. The good thing about the Ac was that it was very reliable...but the Bimmer isn't far behind IMO. All of the stuff that has gone wrong on the BMWs can be attributed to lack of maintenance own the previous owner's part. Overall since I got the first and threw a little money it's way it has been the definition of reliability.
I too owned a Honda and an Acura, and I will admit those damn cars will endure alot of damn abuse! However my bimmer is waaaay better...I was arguing with a co-worker who has a fixed up civic one day. He was all saying how I picked the wrong car to hook up because parts are way more expensive etc..I said: "see when I am riding in my bimmer I am up here, while when you are in your civic you are down here!" Hehe he didn't like that too much..I told him pussy status goes through the roof in a bimmer, and in a civic it's just well non-existant....That's not why I got a BMW by the way just throwing in a fact or two! I bought my BMW because of the design, the performance, and well just because I wanted to be a part of something different than the ordinary Honda, Mitsu, or any other import crowd, and I do not see myself turning back ever....If I ever strayed it would be to something else euro like maybe an older Porsche or something, but I will always have a bimmer in the garage!
Old 11-29-2003, 01:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Neutral Member

Car:
Photos:
bimmerbill is an unknown quantity at this point
i owned a honda too. i had a 94 civic hatch that i built a 180hp n/a non vtec integra motor for. i had tein ha suspension on it 15x7 9lbs wheels, totally not rice. the car had clear corners and a stock lip spoiler but other than that was stock from the outside. i loved the car but the 328iS i have now is so much more comfortable to dirve and the RWD makes things much more exciting. i get some strange looks throwin a bimmer sideways, haha
Old 11-29-2003, 03:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
It's also pretty funny how foreign the idea of modding a bimmer is to most of the people...at least where I'm from. There's not a single race shop in my city that stocks E36 parts. All I usually get is weird looks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)