BMW Werkz banner

I need help finding paint color info...

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  mr_fixit 
#1 ·
I have searched this site for my question and cannot find anything to help me on it so far. I have also noticed that alot of people are positively against painting your bimmer and especially if you plan on doing it yourself, but i have already made up my mind that i am going to so please, let's not get it to that conversation here.

I have been looking and deciding on colors for a while now and i have narrowed it down to two different tones of yellow that i have seen on m3s. The first is on a 1995 M3 and the second is on a 1999 M3, it seems that the 1999 M3 is alittle lighter. Could some please help me out on what the codes or names of these two paint colors are cause i want the paint i get to match these. The images should be attached, the first one (1995 M3) on this post and the second one (1999 M3) on the next post. Thanx a million!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
the brighter yellow (the first one) It would be different about painting your car if you had like a Ford where they used the water based clear coat and it comes off and looks like ass but BMW paint will last a life time but at least your not painting it like pink with purple and green stripes :p

~*Teg*~

#5 ·
I think the 95 yellow is the best.. it stands out a little more.. and doesnt look faded as much as the later years.... thats just my opinion... it will probably save you in the long run.. because you wont feel that you need to paint your car every year for it to look newer...

Thats just my opinion..
les

#6 ·
In all likelihood its the same color code. Aperture, OEV, lens, lens, MP, lighting, and if a UV filter was used can greatly affect the richness of color.

The second picture is clearly taken in the sunlight, probably around 10 or 2, whereas the first car was taken on an overcast day or closer to sunset. That said, if it was a digital image, the user should have set the OEV around -1 to compensate for the light.

#8 ·
thanx all! your opinions have helped me out alot. i was first having a hard time deciding between red and yellow, i want to stand out, but not look rediculous, ya know? anyways, i am going to get the hamman body kit all the way around, it includes the m3 side skirts... http://www.2loww.com/92-98BMW3serieskitspage.html ...I have found a better priced sit, but it doesn't have as good pictures, but allbodykits.com has pretty good deals for body kits, if anyone knows of a better deal please let me know on the hamman body kit 92-99. Also, i need help finding the lowest price on m3 mirrors (manual or if you can find an excellent deal on power mirrors thats fine) and i'm looking for an m3 rear spoiler or replica, i have seen some on ebay (replicas) that are around $70 - $80, has anyone seen a better deal? I have already got the m3 door seals and some other odds and ends to spruce it up, can't afford insurance on the real micoy and even if i ot it, i wouldn't be able to do anything to it cause i'ed be broke. I guess i'm just like most of the rest of you guys, just dreaming. Anyways thanx for all of your help guys, live on bimmers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.