I have a question about 3 series - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2003, 05:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
You Can Has A Custom Title!!

Car:
Photos:
donutchow is an unknown quantity at this point
Here it goes:

i always check in the newspaper for cheap 3 series. i always see 2000 3 series advertised for mid 20's, and usually close to 30 grand with plenty of miles on it. now i think it's bullshit for that pricing, it's WAY too high. here's why?

you can get a nice 323 or 325 or 328 for $35,000 new with lots of options. if you lease it, you'll probably end up paying almost half that in the 3 year lease, with 10k miles per year. so after 3 years you should have a 3 series with 30k miles on the odometer, and a $17,000 residual. so why don't you see them advertised for that cheap in the paper? what do dealerships do with the leased vehicles???? now for a 3 year old BMW with only 30k miles for $17,000??? i'd buy one in a second. but i don't get how they hold their value that well that people can drive them for 3 years for practially FREE and then sell them.
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2003, 05:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
FruityOne is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FruityOne
but the question is do ppl actually pay the prices their asking for
95 M3 - 220rwhp/205rwtq
President & Founder OF S50 Swap Club

THC the three most powerful letters in my veins...
FruityOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 05:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
SpeedsterBMW

Car:
Photos:
in a lease, you pay for what you use...my brothers lease for example....the car was priced at $42,800.....with 0 down the lease payments are about $609 with tax per month....the car, when he is done with it after 3 years, he can buy out the car for something int he mid 20's....if he opts not to, the dealership just puts it in there used lot and jacks the price up....in a lease you never own the car, and the dealership can do whatever to the pricing when your done with it.....
Old 05-28-2003, 05:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
SpeedsterBMW

Car:
Photos:
and why are 3 year old bmws worth so much? Because they retain there value so well....i still see like 99 M3 coupes, bone stock, for 31-32 grand! But there is a place by my house that knows what they are doing....they sell all high end used cars for GREAT prices, and they are extremely reputable, i bought my 328i sedan from them....bmw, porsche, audi, volvo, some ferraris, mini.....they had a 2001 325i Sedan, manual, for about $22k with about 45k on it......

http://www.i-a-s.net

1999 BMW 323I six cylinder automatic. This is a beautiful car! With a glacier white exterior and full light beige leather interior that has woodtrim accents this car is an eye catcher. Standard options on this vehicle include power windows, locks, brakes, seats, and steering, with additional features such as a power moonroof, automatic air conditioning, heated seats, a mutlifunction steering wheel, an in dash disc player and alloy wheels. This vehicle is eligible for an extended warranty, it's current mileage is 58,477, Vin#WBAABM3331XFP52410, Stk#6298, This car is selling at the unbelievable low price of $18,900.00- call to day or stop by for a test drive!!

Old 05-28-2003, 05:51 AM   #5 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@May 28 2003, 05:44 AM
and why are 3 year old bmws worth so much? Because they retain there value so well....i still see like 99 M3 coupes, bone stock, for 31-32 grand! But there is a place by my house that knows what they are doing....they sell all high end used cars for GREAT prices, and they are extremely reputable, i bought my 328i sedan from them....bmw, porsche, audi, volvo, some ferraris, mini.....they had a 2001 325i Sedan, manual, for about $22k with about 45k on it......

http://www.i-a-s.net

1999 BMW 323I six cylinder automatic. This is a beautiful car! With a glacier white exterior and full light beige leather interior that has woodtrim accents this car is an eye catcher. Standard options on this vehicle include power windows, locks, brakes, seats, and steering, with additional features such as a power moonroof, automatic air conditioning, heated seats, a mutlifunction steering wheel, an in dash disc player and alloy wheels. This vehicle is eligible for an extended warranty, it's current mileage is 58,477, Vin#WBAABM3331XFP52410, Stk#6298, This car is selling at the unbelievable low price of $18,900.00- call to day or stop by for a test drive!!

i still think it's bullshit that the prices are so high. and that white 3 series? it's 5 years old now, since bmw has 2004 3 series on the lots now. 5 years old, and it has 56k miles on it.

i'm thinking of going into don rosen and talking to a salesman about it, or maybe the manager.
Old 05-28-2003, 06:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
SpeedsterBMW

Car:
Photos:
but in sedan terms, its 4 yeras old, but find me a 4 year old 323 that cheap....and who cares about mileage...a bimmer will last 300k at least....are you going to complain because i wouldnt step foot back into that showroom after that.....goto Thompson, i bought my bimmer there, as did my bro....
Old 05-28-2003, 06:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedsterBMW@May 28 2003, 06:13 AM
but in sedan terms, its 4 yeras old, but find me a 4 year old 323 that cheap....and who cares about mileage...a bimmer will last 300k at least....are you going to complain because i wouldnt step foot back into that showroom after that.....goto Thompson, i bought my bimmer there, as did my bro....
i don't care about the mileage. just the interior gets a little worn, and you have to replace the clutch and other things, which add up a lot on a used car. and thompson bmw is pretty far from me, almost an hour.
Old 05-28-2003, 06:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
SpeedsterBMW

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally posted by donutchow+May 28 2003, 06:30 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (donutchow @ May 28 2003, 06:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SpeedsterBMW@May 28 2003, 06:13 AM
i don't care about the mileage. just the interior gets a little worn, and you have to replace the clutch and other things, which add up a lot on a used car. and thompson bmw is pretty far from me, almost an hour. [/b][/quote]
its about 45 from me, and thats mostly highway driving....daniels is about 9 minutes on the highway
Old 05-28-2003, 06:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

Car:
Photos:
woobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond reputewoobiee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to woobiee
the certified pre owned bmws will cost a bit more because they offer a 7 year 100,000 extended warranty. i am taking full advantage over it and its great. i got my car $29k used with 23k miles with everything except sport package (it sucks but the only thing i wanted in that package were the seats)

woobiee - Anamorphic Cycle
woobiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 01:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
nosuchsol is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by woobiee@May 28 2003, 04:52 AM
the certified pre owned bmws will cost a bit more because they offer a 7 year 100,000 extended warranty. i am taking full advantage over it and its great. i got my car $29k used with 23k miles with everything except sport package (it sucks but the only thing i wanted in that package were the seats)
That sounds about right... just about every '99/'00 that I liked was 29k-33k at the dealership.
I went the other route and bought from a private party. I think I got a pretty good deal overall.
Considering I was looking at a new Subaru WRX and it would have cost me the exact same...
I'm pretty pleased.

You're going to pay a little more for BMW just like everyone else said - low depreciation. Go
for a '99 G20 or a '97 Q45 if you want sub 10k(just kidding with the infiniti folks)
nosuchsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)