I hate my 95 BMW - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 02:19 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
couvebmwgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Smile

I have had my car for about 2 years now- and until recently it was working- and driving beautifully. Now its falling apart! I've been trying to sell it for several months now. I have had lots of inquiries but no real bites- now all this is happening! HOW IS IT GOING TO SELL NOW??
Ok, you don't need to tell me that its all because of miles(209,00 and climbing)- I know, I know already!! The idea to buy a BMW was not my choice! And I really regret taking this other persons advice! It's falling apart and I don't know how to fix it, my finance doesn't and I have NO money. ghead
First of all, the most major, I have this unknown rattle coming out of the rear end on my car. It doesn't happen when I am traveling down the freeway- unless I go over a bump. On country roads it is the worst. It sounds like my rear end is going to fall apart.
Then just today- the air conditioning started to make this high pitched squeeling noise so much that I cannot put the air on 1or 2. You cannot hear it when the fan is traveling fast like on 3 or 4.
Also, my ABS seems to have failed. I cannot really tell. But the light on the dash is on.
Then, my friend installed these aftermarket lights, and blew something, cause now when I put the lights on, I get this message "Taillight failure" but they work just great.
Also, because of the rear end trouble, I think my rear windown is coming loose- and my sunroof rattles and I don't know how to fix it.
Then the hinge the locks the door in specific places on the driver side broke- so now my drivers side door doesn't shut proper- and makes a squeeking noise when I go over bumps in the road.
Does anyone want to buy this car?? Or help me out??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 02:24 PM
350z

bigred318 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to bigred318 Send a message via Yahoo to bigred318
sorry to hear about that, not all bmws are like that, but the mileage does make things start to squeek rattle and go

David
#3 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 02:48 PM
n00b

couvebmwgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
Do you think this is a car someone would want to buy? I don't think its a bad car, but people run when they hear the miles. What should I ask for it?
#4 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 02:57 PM
Science Roolz!

SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to SHAHAB323IS
you should ask like, i don' know maybe 3 or 4 thousand

2011 Mazda2
1990 Mazda Miata
#5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 03:01 PM
Keep it Copacetic

///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute ///M Power has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ///M Power
ummmm what kinda car is it?

My 525i has 270,000 miles on it running strong and great!

1995 BMW M3 Turbo - Dakar/Black
#6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 03:17 PM
quality

Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
FOUR OPTIONS:

1) Trade it in at some used dealership and try to get a cheaper car under $5000 like a 97 Altima or Malibu. Even 2000 Neons with 60K miles go for $3000-$4000.

2) If you don't need to have a car now hold onto it and trade it in when you upgrade to a newer BMW. Dealers should at least give you $1500-$3000 for it.

3) If it's that bad and you want to get rid of it ASAP......EBAY! Clean it up, Put some vaseline on the tires and Sell it as is!

4) Or if you have money and patience take it to a BMW dealer for full servicing. Tell them to estimate and fix everything (or the most important things) and you'll probably pay $2000-$4000 in cleaning, repairs and replacement parts-But you'll have a fresh and working BMW again.

I think about these options daily if anything ever happened to my baby!

Good Luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	678367_9.gif
Views:	179
Size:	348.5 KB
ID:	12047  

#7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 03:59 PM
quality

Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute Delmarco has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by couvebmwgirl@Sep 11 2004, 02:59 PM
I have had my car for about 2 years now- and until recently it was working- and driving beautifully. Now its falling apart! I've been trying to sell it for several months now. I have had lots of inquiries but no real bites- now all this is happening! HOW IS IT GOING TO SELL NOW??
Ok, you don't need to tell me that its all because of miles(209,00 and climbing)- I know, I know already!! The idea to buy a BMW was not my choice! And I really regret taking this other persons advice! It's falling apart and I don't know how to fix it, my finance doesn't and I have NO money. ghead
First of all, the most major, I have this unknown rattle coming out of the rear end on my car. It doesn't happen when I am traveling down the freeway- unless I go over a bump. On country roads it is the worst. It sounds like my rear end is going to fall apart.
Then just today- the air conditioning started to make this high pitched squeeling noise so much that I cannot put the air on 1or 2. You cannot hear it when the fan is traveling fast like on 3 or 4.
Also, my ABS seems to have failed. I cannot really tell. But the light on the dash is on.
Then, my friend installed these aftermarket lights, and blew something, cause now when I put the lights on, I get this message "Taillight failure" but they work just great.
Also, because of the rear end trouble, I think my rear windown is coming loose- and my sunroof rattles and I don't know how to fix it.
Then the hinge the locks the door in specific places on the driver side broke- so now my drivers side door doesn't shut proper- and makes a squeeking noise when I go over bumps in the road.
Does anyone want to buy this car?? Or help me out??
Actually it sounds Like you need to PIMP YO' RIDE!!!

RICED OUT!!! (from carsdomain)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	649648_11_full.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	12051  

#8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 04:03 PM
quality

Garage
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	649648_12_full.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	12052  

#9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 04:44 PM
1st Gear Member

k2c69n is an unknown quantity at this point
how many smurfs did you have to kill to do the interior of that ride?

*If your not living on the edge your taking up too much space*

'98 328is
#10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 04:55 PM
Been here a while.

97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all 97alpineM3 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to 97alpineM3 Send a message via MSN to 97alpineM3
Ok listen.. .most of your problems are easy fixes... not exactly easy.. but not exactly the most expensive... As for the thumping sound when going over bumps.... sounds like your rear shock mounts are dead... that happens.. and is a very common thing on these cars... all of your other problems.. just sound like you need to do a little restoring.. this car has been used... its ok... things like this are going to happen.. I woudnt give up yet... fix what you can.. then sell if you feel you still need to...

Go here for most of your problems.. and the solutions..

http://www.geocities.com/e36rulz/DIY.html

As for your ABS... here is a link you can read...http://www.geocities.com/e36rulz/ABS...scription.html

Good Luck..

Les

1997 E36 M3 1990 E30 325i
#11 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 05:14 PM
quality

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by k2c69n@Sep 11 2004, 05:24 PM
how many smurfs did you have to kill to do the interior of that ride?
Not enough! :lol:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	649648_8_full.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	12054  

#12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 05:34 PM
3rd Gear Member

Tochenzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Tochenzo
What car is it and year? It sounds pretty bad but I'm sure you'll make it through. Get it inspected by a professional mechanic.

Tony

National Capital Chapter BMW CCA #367673
1998 Hellrot 328i
#13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 09:46 PM
What? No Autobahn?

jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile jrhaile
I'll buy it... most of those problems sound pretty minor... I'll give you 3gs cash right now :P

#14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Science Roolz!

SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all SHAHAB323IS is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to SHAHAB323IS
omg delmarco, stop now , that's just disturbing

2011 Mazda2
1990 Mazda Miata
#15 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 11:16 PM
/Banned

xsperf is an unknown quantity at this point
maam, youve got this whole thing the wrong way.

look, dont even think about the bad stuff, keep ur mind posative, look at the good stuff. The engine probably runs beautiful. right?? tranny is good, auto or stick.. right? so, the only thing i would worry about is the ac.. actually, thats kinda weeird, when ur blower doesnt work on 1 or 2, see if u have the recirculate on, and if it is, turn it off.. that works for me

but other than that, sqeaks rattles.. taillight failure, so what? tail light works fine, right? squaks.. have someone sit in the back.

the abs thing, its just probably some very simple sensor or something.

think posative, ur drivetrain is good..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)