i got it! - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
BMW Forum BMW Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery / Showroom Auto Loans Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

BimmerWerkz.com is the premier BMW Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2006, 06:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
ProjektMayhem is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to ProjektMayhem Send a message via AIM to ProjektMayhem Send a message via Yahoo to ProjektMayhem
i got it!

i couldn't help it. i saw it and fell in love. after my buddy said $2k and it's mine, and after viewing the condition of the car (with the slight exception of the little transmission issue)... behold! my new 1995 bmw 325is...

the only thing i'm wondering about now is whether or not to switch the entire transmission (originally, i was told it was a manual, but it's actually an automatic) to a manual since it has the slight issue that stops the car from moving in any direction but reverse... i've heard that the swap isn't rocket science, and i've already sourced the manual tranny for a mere $400, so if i do all the labor myself (a labor of love!), i can have myself a 5-spd mini-rocket of my very own. or... just fix the automatic and drive it. either way, i'd be happy. although, i'm a manual transmission guy at heart, and i would feel guilty for not loving it as much because it's an automatic.

Last edited by ProjektMayhem; 02-25-2006 at 06:47 PM.
ProjektMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2006, 07:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
tomctx is an unknown quantity at this point
Manual transmission swap will probably be cheaper than fixing the auto. No one actually fixes them anymore, they just swap them out. $3000 or more dollars. Unless you know someone, that is. GREAT BUY! If that is all that's wrong with it. Is that a green or a blue? My old eyes can't tell.
1995 325I, window tint, K&N, debaffled airbox, BMW #104 wheels, Nighthawk low beams, smoked side markers, smoked corners, smoked taillights, M3 stlye heated mirrors, various interior bits, Bosal cat-back.
tomctx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 07:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Send a message via ICQ to ProjektMayhem Send a message via AIM to ProjektMayhem Send a message via Yahoo to ProjektMayhem
that's a forest green. i was originally going to have the car repainted black, but my favorite color is green and this color really does it for me, so i think i've decided against the color change. yeah, that's all that's wrong with it. i trusted my friend, but i told him that after doing all the research on this particular car, that i had to go ahead and "check everything out" as was directed in one of the threads on the board. it's been a good day. my first bmw...
Old 02-25-2006, 10:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
bimmer3214 is on a distinguished road
yea its boston green type deal. its what mine is just convertible. i love the color it changes from blue to green by what way yuo look at it. great buy
bimmer3214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Power Shifting

Car:
Photos:
Cruzin 323is is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Cruzin 323is
congrats dude... best of luck, u plan on doing anything to it? or just leave it stock?

stuff for sale on my e36.. CHeck it out!
http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/aft...e36-49128.html
Cruzin 323is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
there's no way i can leave it stock. i have to make it "mine". i was thinking some new rims, although i don't want to "ghetto" it out, so i'm trying to be very choosy in what i get for my precious bimmer. i really want the m-technica body pieces, because i love the look. other than that, maybe some interior accessories (lol, no neons) and what not. for the future, maybe next summer, maybe as a next winter project... m3 engine and tranny.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
What color is the interior?
1995 325I, window tint, K&N, debaffled airbox, BMW #104 wheels, Nighthawk low beams, smoked side markers, smoked corners, smoked taillights, M3 stlye heated mirrors, various interior bits, Bosal cat-back.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
grey leather. very good condition. very little wearing or cracking of the leather, if any at all. floor is the same as well as the door and rear panels. exceptionally good interior. matches the quality of the outside. unfortunately, i was a dumbass and forgot to get pics of the interior, so you'll have to wait for those.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
1st Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
bob318 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bob318
oh man, bmws your are like drugs. Its amazing. Hes totaly gonna dump a shit load of money into that thing. Congrats man. best of luck!

Custome MagnaFlow catback exhaust, Millie miglia 17inch rims, Goodyear Eagle F1 tires, Carbon headlight brows, Carbon badges, Clear corners in the front,Clear sidemarkers and Custome smoked taillights.
bob318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 03:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
3rd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjektMayhem
grey leather. very good condition. very little wearing or cracking of the leather, if any at all. floor is the same as well as the door and rear panels. exceptionally good interior. matches the quality of the outside. unfortunately, i was a dumbass and forgot to get pics of the interior, so you'll have to wait for those.
I would go one of two ways on the interior. Maybe three. One would be aluminum trim, especially if it's dark gray. Two would be carbon fiber, real or false, especially if light gray. The third would be, gasp!, shock!, heresy!, wood trim.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
lol, i'm already looking around. i've been hitting up ebay just to catch a glimpse at what i can find on there. i'd like to convert all the interior panels to black m3 versions as well as finding black leather m3 seats, if possible. like i said, i don't want to do anything crazy to the car, but just make it unique to me. i want to keep it clean, inside and out, and just make it my "home away from home". lol.

one of the more intriguing items i've had my eye on is the switchblade keys. i've been sworn that my 325 doesn't come with a chip in it, so the switchblade key would be possible (although i'd give it a shot anyways, even if it did). i'm just not too excited at the prospect of trying to find a bmw dealer who will laser cut my key for me.

i've sourced out a manual transmission, but i'm not sure that it comes with everything i'll need, including the clutch assembly. does anyone know of a write-up (lol, probably not likely) that illustrates the conversion process? if not, i may just be the first to write one up.

i'm definitely going to be going for some angel eyes. i've heard that the depo ones are of great quality at a good price. i know there's a section just for this stuff, but if anyone would like to give me their recommendation on a set of angel eyes, i'd be thrilled. this is one of those parts that i will NOT be using ebay for. i'd rather make sure that i get it from a reputable dealer, respected by the community. a company's reputation does carry a little weight with me.

again, i really appreciate all the strong feedback and support from you guys.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
I am Teh Edumacator.

Car: 1999 Dinan 540i/6, 1995 Dinan 749
Photos:
Teh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud ofTeh Prof has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Teh Prof
JLevi is a sponsor of this forum and has quite a few angel eye options available. I'd suggest you go with him; every order I've ever placed with him arrived both quickly and accurately. I got my angel eyes from umnitza.com, but had some trouble with the order.
Teh Prof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 04:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Car:
Photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3UOND
JLevi is a sponsor of this forum and has quite a few angel eye options available. I'd suggest you go with him; every order I've ever placed with him arrived both quickly and accurately. I got my angel eyes from umnitza.com, but had some trouble with the order.
i've been over to that site and i think that's where i'll go through. they seem to be a respectable company and i've seen a lot of bmw owners, not only on this forum, but others as well, use that site to get good parts. i haven't heard of umnitza.com, so i'm not sure what their pricing/service is like. if anyone else has had a bad experience with them, that'll pretty much decide me right there.

i was browsing tirerack.com and i found these... asa ar1 w/machined lip, less than $1000 for all four (without rubber). 18x9 in the back, 18x8 in the front...

clicky.

Last edited by ProjektMayhem; 02-26-2006 at 05:05 PM.
ProjektMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 05:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
2nd Gear Member

Car:
Photos:
uber e36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to uber e36
I got those wheels in 17x8 and 17x9 for my car and love them... I went with the 17s for 3 reasons:

1. lighter
2. cheaper
3. I had new rubber for 17s already

Regarding headlights, I've ordered ZKW Projector Headlights (came stock on our cars in Europe) and 6000K Prolumen HID from Matt @ Umnitza.com and was happy with both transactions...

Congrats on the purchase!

Need some Real Estate Advice? www.gracehomes.com
uber e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)