I Don't know which wires to use 95 BMW 318is - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 07:25 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
never enough is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
I Don't know which wires to use 95 BMW 318is

Someone please help me!! I just got a Speed Chip by precision engineered inc. I'm trying to install it but, I'm having a problem cause my manifold and IAT share the same box. So instead of simply having 2 wires to hook up to the chip. Theres 5 wires please help me....I want to install this asap!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 01:28 AM
n00b

never enough is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
nevermind I figured it out its blue and yellow

Mods I've Made 1995 BMW 318IS

Window Tint,Crome Guage Rings,Air Intake,M3 Bodykit,M3 Mirrors,Clear Turn Lights,Crome Fender Side Vents,Face Life To A 2002+ Style,Angel Eye Headlights With Halos,Euro Style Tail Lights,17 Inch M3 Rims,Crome Trunk Strip,Roof Spoiler,Bmw Antenna Shark, Roof Rain Guard,Navigation System And T.V.,Custom NVRENFF License Plates,Custom Never Enough Headrests,Blacked Out Grille,Alarm,Bmw License Frames,Crome Exhaust Tip,Tinted tail Lights,Painted Calipers Red
#3 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 05:53 PM
1st Gear Member

CanadianWraith is on a distinguished road
what kind of hp do you expect to gain with this chip?

#4 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 04:06 AM
n00b

Diba is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know it this guy has the M42 or the M44 engine as i am looking for those wires too, e36 m44 318is iat wire colours and where ??
can anyone help?
#5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 06:51 AM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
Guys don't install that crap on your cars. That's not a chip: it's a box with a resistor inside it; you wire it up to your IAT sensor, it tricks the engine into thinking the air is colder (therefore more dense) than it is, and it just dumps more fuel in, making it run rich as all hell. All you'll get is worse gas mileage, a black rear bumper and no visible power gain.

If you want a chip, buy a proper eprom; yes it costs 200 bucks or so, but that's because someone actually took the time to tune the fuel maps instead of splicing a resistor and two wires inside a box.

#6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 02:14 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
^^ I agree. That is 11 years and 25,000 posts worth of experience telling you guys to stay away from this junk.

#7 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 09:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque View Post
Guys don't install that crap on your cars. That's not a chip: it's a box with a resistor inside it; you wire it up to your IAT sensor, it tricks the engine into thinking the air is colder (therefore more dense) than it is, and it just dumps more fuel in, making it run rich as all hell. All you'll get is worse gas mileage, a black rear bumper and no visible power gain.

If you want a chip, buy a proper eprom; yes it costs 200 bucks or so, but that's because someone actually took the time to tune the fuel maps instead of splicing a resistor and two wires inside a box.
how much of an increase in hp are you going to get from a quality chip for a 318?

#8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Millions of them.

Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute Torque has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWraith View Post
how much of an increase in hp are you going to get from a quality chip for a 318?
For the M44 cars ... I have no idea. They're OBD2 ... do they use a shark injector or what? I honestly don't know.

I know for the M42 cars Turner has a chip and they claim 11hp/19lb.ft and redline upped to 6900rpm ... which is not bad,.

#9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 08:17 AM
1st Gear Member

think i'm just going to ask my wife for a fatter hamster and a bigger wheel for christmas

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)