I couldn't think of a title. (CLICK HERE) - BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com
3-Series (E36) Chat relating to the BMW 3-Series from 1992-1999. Autodoodad Specific models include: BMW 316i, BMW 318i, BMW 318iS/ti, BMW 320, BMW 323, BMW 320, BMW 324, BMW 325, BMW 328.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 04:54 PM
n00b

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Motorface is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
I couldn't think of a title. (CLICK HERE)

Hi. I own a 94 e36 325is. i bought it with a racing suspension, and cold air intake and after market head lights. i had my friend install an ECU racing spec chip.

i am looking for parts that are reasonably easy to install my self and have a good price.

any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 12:57 AM
General Chaos

SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
welcome...well, what have u got on there so far?

#3 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 07:58 AM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to dannyb
catback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by german-speed-demon View Post
You may now add "yes, i'm an asshole" to your sig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSixAndSeven
that's my whore ; )
#4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 08:28 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedInfusion
welcome...well, what have u got on there so far?
as i said earlier i have an ECU racing spec chip, a racing suspension, a cold air intake, and after market head lights.

I'm kinda a newbie to the automotive world. i just recently got into cars since febuary last year. i know a reasonable amount about my car but at the same time not enough... i have decided i want to go to a college the offers an automotive program and i am planning to learn everything i can get my hands on.

I decided to come to this forum to learn a few things and know what i really want before i buy.

i was told by my friend gabor (He knows a great amount about BMWs) he sugest i get headers or M3 cylider heads. he said that if i got the M3 cylider heads i would have to change a few more things for my car to work properly. right now i am intrested in power.

what would be my best bet for good power at a good price and somewhat easy to install myself? what is a good site for this part? i might need a new transmission later on because of reasons i don't want to get into. last time i said that i needed one and gave my reason on a diffrent forum i got a lot of crap and i don't want to put up with it here.

please help my out. THANKS
#5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 09:41 AM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
We'll do our best to help [i]your[/] out.

One big question: how much money are you looking to spend?

How mechanically oriented are you? Just tell us what the hardest thing you've done to your car is, and how hard that was for you.

Typical mods beyond what you have done are exhaust, cams, headers...

... maybe an LSD if you don't have one...

what about suspension and brakes? Any mods there? No good having a powerful engine if you don't improve your handling.

Short shifter...

I suggest that before you come and ask us for such open-ended suggestions and prices and sites, etc. (which is a lot of work for someone to do at home for free), you browse around our site. I learned a LOT by reading about the stuff other members had done to their cars. If they mentioned they were thinking about doing something but didn't offer much info, I went ahead and googled it.

I am not trying to be a jerk, but if you do a little research on your own, you'll be able to ask more specific questions (or run more specific searches), which will get you where you want to go faster.

Welcome to bimmerwerkz and best of luck.

P.S. Did naming the thread "Mod advice for my 325is" or anything close to that ever cross your mind?

#6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 10:30 AM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drz
We'll do our best to help [i]your[/] out.

One big question: how much money are you looking to spend?

How mechanically oriented are you? Just tell us what the hardest thing you've done to your car is, and how hard that was for you.

Typical mods beyond what you have done are exhaust, cams, headers...

... maybe an LSD if you don't have one...

what about suspension and brakes? Any mods there? No good having a powerful engine if you don't improve your handling.

Short shifter...

I suggest that before you come and ask us for such open-ended suggestions and prices and sites, etc. (which is a lot of work for someone to do at home for free), you browse around our site. I learned a LOT by reading about the stuff other members had done to their cars. If they mentioned they were thinking about doing something but didn't offer much info, I went ahead and googled it.

I am not trying to be a jerk, but if you do a little research on your own, you'll be able to ask more specific questions (or run more specific searches), which will get you where you want to go faster.

P.S. Did naming the thread "Mod advice for my 325is" or anything close to that ever cross your mind?
ok well... i would be willing to spend between $2,500 to $4,500. but the only problem is i do not have a job at the moment. i will have one this summer. to be perfectly honest i'm not really mechanically smart yet... but i can learn fast especially when i really like sometyhing such as cars. well... basically i think i want headers for my 94 325is and a cat back. could some one give me the links to these parts? is there any other info i should give you about my car before you help me look for these parts?

also i am going to automotive school to learn what i need to work with cars. so i guess you could say i'm starting from scratch. right now i'm trying to get good info about the parts i want and how much they cost and if they are worth buying.

about that title. i was really out of it because im kinda sick and i just couldn't think that day.
and i'm still out of it... if anything is unclear about what i want or something like that tell me.

Last edited by Motorface; 02-28-2008 at 10:47 AM.
#7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 11:32 AM
teh Canuck....eh

PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute PhatCat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to PhatCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by drz

Who defecated in your cornflakes this morning, Danny-boy?

JK!

Welcome to the 'werkz, Motorface! Don't worry, drz is actually a pretty decent guy, regardless of what you might hear.

All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Sir Winston Churchill
#8 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Mr. Bacon

dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light dannyb is a glorious beacon of light
more power, you will want more braking power

Suspension get shocks and springs for now

+1 on LSD

Quote:
Quote:
that's my whore ; )
#9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 12:11 PM
my car is red

94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of 94BMW325i has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to 94BMW325i Send a message via Yahoo to 94BMW325i
he has "race" suspension. What brand is your suspension? And +1 on an lsd.

member and partial creator of pimpin the auto club
#10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 12:11 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb
more power, you will want more braking power

Suspension get shocks and springs for now

+1 on LSD
ok, will do. what is the best brand? what site should i look at?
#11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 12:15 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94BMW325i
he has "race" suspension. What brand is your suspension? And +1 on an lsd.
uuhh... wow i dont know. I bought the car with the racing suspesion. (at least that's what i was told.) right now i am no where near my car. it's about 135 miles away. so... actually i can ask someone to check for me cuz i never bothered to look.
#12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 01:10 PM
General Chaos

SpeedInfusion has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to SpeedInfusion
yea, first thing u might want to do is find out the brands of all the non-oem stuff done to ur car...they might be causing more damage then helping and if thats the case, those are the first things u need to replace...

#13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 01:46 PM
Mr. Bacon

make sure your racing suspension is not cut springs

Quote:
Quote:
that's my whore ; )
#14 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 06:06 PM
n00b

(Thread Starter)
i have been just thinking about something. first off my car is a 94 E36 325is. the chassis of my car is a 94 E36. I am not totally sure if this is true so i was wondering is every 90's E36 BMW chassis compatible with each other? if that's true then most if not all 90's E36 parts will fit on my car?
#15 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 07:40 PM
drz
Administrator

drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute drz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
The E36 chassis spans:
• 1992 - 1998 3 Series sedans
• 1992 - 1999 3 Series coupés
• 1994 - 1999 3 Series convertibles

Most parts are the same, but always be sure to check part numbers or do a little research before buying and or installing something on you car.

Also, the Search function and Google are your friends.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMW Forum - BimmerWerkz.com > BMW Model Specific Forums > 3-Series (E36)