BMW Werkz banner

hp and torque gains...

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Furious 
#1 ·
This is kinda random but i you add a (insert mod here) and it is dyno proven to give you 10 hp can you really feel the difference????

Also can you feel the difference in 10lbs of torque???

#2 ·
Originally posted by RedTape@Jun 3 2003, 10:31 AM
This is kinda random but i you add a (insert mod here) and it is dyno proven to give you 10 hp can you really feel the difference????

Also can you feel the difference in 10lbs of torque???
I honestly can't feel shit after I sharked my car but it did get rid of the rev limiter and top speed govornor...

#3 ·
chip and intake combined have been proven to do nothing on E46's (M52's at least). there was a 328i in Euro Car mag with chip, intake, and AA exhaust, and was dynoed after the installation of each mod, including stock.
first came the AA exhaust which bumped a 328i from 175.4hp to 185.4hp, next came chip and intake and they didnt even register on the dyno, and the car remained at 185.4hp.

as for the feel, 10hp should feel like the car has better response and a slightly larger powerband, but it may not pull much harder

#4 ·
well its been said that anything 5hp or less is not noticable via your butt-dyno, but i think that 10 HP will give you a difference. i dont think anything dramatic. but youll feel it. i noticed when my chip was installed. however the feeling fades in a month or two, after you get used to the cars new performance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.